“BEST Thai food we've ever eaten!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagle Thai

Eagle Thai
Ranked #12 of 18 Restaurants in Eagle Heights
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Silverdale, WA
“BEST Thai food we've ever eaten!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had the sweet and mild massaman curry. Both of us thought we'd died and gone to HEAVEN. I added a second order to take home, it was so good! The pad thai (add extra veggies for $3) was EXCEPTIONAL. I have not made it to Thailand, but know WONDERFUL flavors and excellent, fresh produce when I taste it. This was definitely it!! If you're wondering why 4 stars, I asked for less noodles, more veggies which much to my surprise they charged for. Never encountered this in a Thai restaurant before. Menu said mixed veggies in the description. Then put in a decent amount of mixed veggies, so not having to order extra! Paying extra for what was suppose to be part of the meal lost you a star. Rice does not come with meal either, that was another first for us. HOWEVER, the COCONUT RICE is...too...die...for, and definitely worth the $4. Pitcher of ice water with slice of lime provided free, which is hard to find and a nice touch.

Take out orders and doggie bags: Take out orders are about HALF the serving size of eating in, AND the use of plastic containers that leach chemicals into hot food were used!! I almost refused it. To add insult to injury, they charged 30 cents per container!! Another first for us. PLEASE, get sizable PAPER take out containers for the health of your customers, so they can receive the full value as eating in, and not worry about additional toxic chemicals in our food.

• Visited November 2013

Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent home-style Thai food and reasonably priced!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I write this review after an alert to some potential 'nonsense' posted in regard to ET food quality and authenticity. My son and I have been regulars at ET since the early days in location #1 and followed Richard and Doi's progressive moves to the current location #3.

I now reside full-time in northern Thailand and my Thai wife is an accomplished cook of all the various Thai cuisines including Isaan, Lanna and Southern styles.

Thai curries are meant to be 'watery' ... NOT Indian or Indonesian style. In the south, some coconut milk is used for colour (rather than flavour) although canned (carnation) milk is more common.

Eagle Thai meals are not as hot as genuine southern or isaan styles and thankfully NOT as sweet. OMG, Thai's love sugar!

A regular for ~ 9 years, my last visit to Eagle Thai was last year but I will return again soon!

(waiver : I have absolutely no family or financial connection with Eagle Thai).

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Kaptainrob
Brisbane, Australia
“It's in Eagle Heights - and that's the best thing you can say!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arrived, and were seated right alongside a bucket collecting drips from the ceiling. On a Tuesday, when surely plumbers/handymen are available.

Seating was fine, ambience acceptable.

Our order was taken - for meal; wine and water. The water arrived, and soon after - the ' starter'. No wine. Having seen the waitress searching in the display refrigerator for our bottle - I suggested I find it for her - took just 10 seconds!

So - the food.

It all tasted exactly the same. Just one sauce was used for the curry puffs and satay chicken starters; and for the Beef Massaman curry, and Thai style Sweet and Sour Pork.

For the first time ever - in a Thai Restaurant anywhere (and we've been to Thailand several times too) no coriander - in anything.

A VERY disappointing meal!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank obione980
Tamborine Mountain, Australia
“Little that's authentic here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Cannot understand how this restaurant has received any positive reviews much less any awards.
There's not much that's authentic Thai cuisine here - the ingredients are not fresh, the curry bases are watery, and generally it's food using cheap produce. We didn't eat most of the food. The whole place has a sort of mish-mash appearance, with clashing signage styles, flashing lights, and scattered decor. It's a bit like the food; lack of quality and style. I hadn't been to this restaurant since it moved from it's old location (a long while back) because it was bad then. Hoping for a significant change, I tried it again tonight - awful.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank GailP240
Brisbane, Australia
“Award winnin Authentic Thai!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

You feel like you are in Thailand when you arrive at Eagle Thai, especially at night with the lights twinkling in the rainforest setting. Traditional Thai chef, Doi and her husband Richard run this restaurant as a family venture and you feel like part of the family from the time you arrive. The menu gives you plenty of traditional options and all dishes are freshly prepared - and done with love and speed. Special requests are never a problem, and their wait staff are friendly and efficient. They recently won an award as well. You can eat in or take away ( this takes a little longer). If you want a bargain, pop along at lunchtime for their specials. It's licensed, but they are fine with you BYO if you prefer. This is a favourite haunt for locals ... And for good reason.

• Visited September 2012