“Not 'restaurant' quality”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mount Tamborine Winery & Homestead
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had a very poor experience at this 'restaurant'. The menu was overpriced but I felt like a salad so I chose a 'greek' salad which consisted of a few leaves of ice berg lettuce, chunks of tomato, cucumber and feta but no olives. My partner didn't have much luck with his cardboard tasting wrap. It is a real shame this place is located in the centre of gallery walk where it's a tourist trap for visitors and they can get away with serving terrible quality food.

1  Thank Blue L

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We tasted the wine and then wanted some lunch so wandered next door. I order the pie with mash, gravy and peas. I waited 15mins to receive it (longer than it took for my partner to receive a freshly made hamburger) and when it arrived it was on a tiny coffee plate with a line of green paste (no, thinner than paste), a line of orange paste and a line of gravy. What the hell was this? If I order a pie with mash and peas, I expect an actual scoop of mashed potato and actual peas, not whatever the hell that was. And charging me $15 for the privilege? I don't think so. Go to any other cafe along this strip to avoid the same rip off I experienced.

1  Thank Nat_in_viaggi
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We spent the day walking the Main Street and did the gallery walk. lots of great boutique shops and very friendly people. Parking was fairly easy to find and coffee was brilliant. We also took a picnic and went to the lookout (10 minutes drive). stop at the roadside stalls for fresh, local, cheap avacados.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A quick stop into the Winery store on Long Street to purchase another bottle of their fantastic Red Shiraz Cab.

This time the 2009 bottle that includes a touch of merlot in it. Can't go wrong. MMMMM I am going to save it for Xmas time!

Last time we visited after we married in 2009, we bought the 2008 Cab Sav - gold winning bottle of red. Lovely lovely lovely.

ahhhh we will be back next time we visit the Mountain.