“Utterley disappointed”

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Utterley disappointed”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Before I begin this review please allow me to point out that this is the first bad review I have ever given. However I felt so sorely upset at the level of service my I received from this company I feel compelled to let other people know - particulary if you are planning a wedding.

We booked Tamborine Mountain Tours 10 months in advance (in October 2011) to secure the Tamborine trolley for our wedding day to provide our guests with transport to pick them up from their mountain accommodation and drop them at our venue.

As an accountant by profession I am usually very sharp with regards to making timely payments and thought that I had paid the deposit to secure my booking. Shortly after making the booking a close family member became seriously ill and all of our wedding plans were put on hold. At this stage I neglected to ask the company for any confirmation or receipt of payment of our deposit - this was very low on the priority list.

By February 2012 (our wedding being in September) I was back on track with wedding planning and proceeded to email Gloria, the office manager for a receipt for our booking payment. Over the next two to three months I had dozens of emails to Gloria, the vast majority of which were left unanswered, trying to figure out what happened to our deposit.

By June / July I was completely frustrated and got on the phone to a person who had only recently started with the business and wanted to know why no one was responding to my emails or letting me know what was going on. Money was not the issue - if the payment wasn't made this was fine ! I would have been happy to pay it again - but the complete lack of communication was astounding. I needed to know to either remake the payment or chase up my bank to see what had happened to the moneys etc. I finally managed to get on the phone to Gloria who told me that John had gone through their bank statements very thoroughly and couldn't find the deposit (why they couldn't have let me know this I don't understand). I said that was fine, they were honouring our booking and I confirmed with Gloria that we had the Tamborine Trolley booked. Yes. (I note that this is the second time I confirmed with the company that we booked and wanted the Tamborine Trolley for our wedding).

Three weeks before the wedding I provided the company via email a list of guests to be collected. I had spent weeks chasing our guests to confirm their accommodation - the company was given all information including guest names, the number of people to be collected at each location etc. (There were only 16 guests)

A week and a half before the wedding I had still not heard anything, so I got on the phone and spoke with John, who didn't realise that Gloria had not emailed me with the run sheet yet... hrm. So he provided me with the pickup times over the phone. He then told me he had arranged two shuttle buses for our wedding. When I questioned why we wern't having the Tamborine Trolley he didn't realise that we had booked this ? After a bit of confusion around having to change the run sheet, I decided it was just all a bit too hard and told John to just keep it the way it was - I wanted it to be easy, who really cares anyway, at least we got this far.

I contacted all of our guests, they were given clear instructions about where they were going to be picked up and at what time.

Our wedding day was amazing, everything was going well, our ceremony was at 3.30pm, and then one of the groomsmen came to see me at 2.30pm - I am fully dressed, a bundle of nerves, shaking, I'm getting married in an hour - and the shuttle bus has left 4 people behind !

In a panic I googled the company on my iphone and found a mobile number, I called Gloria. She told me that I needed to call the driver. I thought to myself are you kidding ? I'm about to get married ! I asked her to make the call. Her response was, excuse me but I'm not even on the mountain. Again, way too hard, so I said ok give me the number I will call the driver myself.

It got sorted out, the bus went back and picked our guests up, the arrived on time. The return shuttle was on time and made sure to account for everyone. And look, at the end of the day it all worked out fine, but I would like this review to act as a wakeup call.

Visited September 2012
7 Thank JessieHolmes

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cool Trip!!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We thought the friendly service on this trip was absolutely wonderful. It was like having your own personal tour guide and nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
We took the bus from Broadbeach up the mountain and then transferred to the Hop On Hop Off bus. The Skyway and Curtis Falls were great as was the coffee and food at the coffee plantation. Next time we will do a couple of walks and then lunch at the St Bernard's Hotel - it looked wonderful but we were tempted to go and look at the Gallery Walk rather than having a leisurely lunch looking out at the most magnificent views. Bill was such a great guide for the day - he made it so much more enjoyable with his friendly chat and guidance as to what to see and do. Keep up the good work - we would highly recommend this trip for anyone coming to the Gold Coast for a different day out - away from the Coast's hustle and bustle!!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Carolyn A
Perth, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great day, great value”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We visited Tambourine Mountain on an overcast Thursday so everything was pretty quiet. Dave picked us up in Surfer's Paradise and took us up to the mountain, explaining some of the sights as we went. Because here were only a few passengers we were in a min-bus. With some consultation we worked out an Itinerary that included:

walking the Curtis Falls track
Witches Falls winery & the Marks & Gardner Gallery
lunch at the Polish Place
MT Brewery & Cheese factory
Gallery walk

Dave or John met us at each stop and cheerfully took us to the next one and at the end of the day John drove us back to our accommodation.

Overall: Excellent friendly service and local knowledge. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank daymares
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Day Out!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely day out on the Tamborine Trolley with Bill. It was a great experience being taken around by someone who knows the area well and enjoying all the wonderful delights Mount Tamborine has to offer. We enjoyed a lovely hop on hop off expereince, at all the local wineriers, breweries, distilleries and cheese factories to make a wonderful day out.
Thank you Tambourine Mountain Tours, will certainly be back!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank maria w
Three Springs
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hop on hop off”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had a wonderful day with the Tamborine Mountain Tours, for an extra $20, I was picked up from my hotel and returned at the end of the tour, enjoyed the hop on hop off , John our driver and tour guide was very knowledgeable about the place found out later that he owns the tours.
Esther T