This was our first visit to Australia from the US. We stayed at the Paperbark Camp in April for 3 nights and it rained considerably. Everything stayed dry in the tents but the bedding always felt damp. The beds were comfortable and the tent contained conveniences you would need such as bug spray and candles. Minimal towels. Nice covered porch area to sit and read or just enjoy the rainforest. The canvas sides of the tent did leak a little in a couple areas but fortunately we kept our belongings away from the tent walls and they stayed dry. The tents are on the small side but sufficient. Far apart enough for privacy. The outdoor bath was nice (not totally private but close enough), plenty of hot water and ours came with a frog that kept appearing in the toilet! I would suggest to the owners a real screen door instead of the zippered tent door to the bath area. In the middle of the night, the zipper is loud and a hassle. The owners should also really consider paving the road to the camp because it was a muddy mess due to the rain. Our rental car agency gave us a little flack when we returned the car telling us taking the car 'off road' was not allowed. The food in the restaurant was excellent, as was the service. You have to drive to the beaches but they are well worth the drive!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining unique luxury tented accommodation with wonderful food & warm hospitality, Paperbark Camp is a peaceful bush retreat in beautiful Jervis Bay - think camping for grown-ups! Just over two hours drive from Sydney on the unspoilt south coast of NSW, Jervis Bay is a nature lovers paradise with spectacular coastal scenery, clear and calm water for swimming and pristine white sand beaches for strolling and relaxing on... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Paperbark Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paperbark Camp Hotel Woollamia
- Paperbark Camp Australia/Woollamia