“The view, the wine, the service”
Review of Tallavera Grove

Tallavera Grove
Book In Advance
More Info
$926.86*
and up
Hunter Valley Luncheon Tour by Helicopter
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a family owned boutique vineyard offering award winning estate grown wines from select parcels of our Hunter Valley, Orange and Wrattonbully vineyards. Situated in the heart of our picturesque Mount View vineyard, our cellar door offers a Tuscan style tranquility with stunning views down over the rolling hills of the Tallavera Grove Vineyard itself, noted as arguably the best view in the Hunter Valley.Let our friendly cellar door staff take you through a selection of our exclusive wines with your next trip to one of the best kept secrets of the Hunter Valley.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“The view, the wine, the service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I don't usually write reviews but after my visit to Talavera Grove I felt compelled to do so. Firstly the view..what can I say! You simple wont know unless you go but trust me its awesome. Secondly the wine. Im no expert but there seemed to be more varieties on offer than other Hunter wineries I have visited. My favourite was a variety I have never heard of called Verduzzo. There were other unusual wines, Sagrantino, Vermentino. Just so much choice. The staff seemed really professional as well. Very knowledgable, one of the guys told me all about grapes and how they are grown. In all we spent nearly an hour there and I spent way more than I could afford on wine...but I don't regret it a bit. Every night I crack open one of those juicy Verduzzo's it takes me back.

Visited June 2013

Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“So Dissappointing”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A group of friends all drove up to the picturesque vineyard after we had visited Bistro Molines on our previous visit. We found there to be a $5 tasting fee if we wanted to taste & the only table overlooking the valley was reserved for members, even though we were the only ones there.
Found this very inhospitable & definitely wouldn't return.

Visited May 2013
Mitch M, Manager at Tallavera Grove, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We know you will enjoy our award-winning wines so the fee is waived when any wine is purchased. Also, there is no fee for diners at Bistro Molines or for wine club members.
The open plan of the cellar door means the best view in the Hunter Valley can be enjoyed from any part of it.
Newcastle, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must see”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The view from this winery is amazing. Walking from the carpark and through the mail doors you would find it difficult to better the atmosphere or view. The wines are beautiful.

Visited April 2013
“A French setting in the Hunter”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Fantastic views over the vineyards and valley. Great food. You could be forgiven for thinking you are in a French courtyard enjoying a meal and wine. Lovely hosts and staff.

Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Beautiful Views"”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Excellent service and Cellar door, beautiful wines and the most gorgeous views.
This is a MUST !! The most beautiful spot in The Hunter.

Visited November 2012