Tripadvisor
Mount View
Post
Inbox
Search

“Beautiful Restaurant with a Beautiful View”
Review of Bistro Molines

Bistro Molines
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mount View
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed a beautiful lunch here on Monday, this restaurant has a stunning view over the vineyards and a beautiful crisp modern setting. We sat inside by the window as it was a really hot day. The service was great and the food was lovely. Definitely don’t need to order sides with the mains, especially if you have entrees.

We had the fig and blue cheese salad for entree, very yummy. The white wine mussels were also delicious!

We had the veal and the venison for mains which were also great. The venison was nice on a hot day as it comes with a citrus salad. The veal would be great on a winters day, comes with a gravy style sauce and mushrooms.

Will go back, great spot for lunch!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (911)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful setting with fabulous food which we thoroughly enjoyed.

We would have stayed longer for desert but we were sat outside on a 39d day I did hear them offer the table next to us to move indoors, I felt that was inconsiderate to us but we will go back.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Six of us visited this lovely restaurant, in the most beautiful setting. The views were outstanding, the staff polite and the food wonderful.
I had a burrata salad which was as delicious as beautiful (see pic). This was followed with grilled cod and salsa verde. I enjoyed every bite.
My husband opted for the stuffed zucchini flowers and beef, both were superb and cooked to perfection (I know as I couldn’t resist trying them).
Others in our group ordered the sharing platters for starters and these were generously filled with many delights.
Would definitely recommend - somewhat pricey but worth it!

Reviewed December 4, 2019

Have wanted to visit here for over 18 months and finally got the family here for my birthday. Although the ambience was great in a perfect setting the food was very ordinary. I had the special stuffed calamari to begin which sounded so inviting but just lacked any depth of flavour. My venison for main was a bit chewy and again lacked any real flavour. My husband had organised a cake which looked stunning but was so dry and disappointing to eat. I cannot understand how a restaurant of this calibre can stuff a cake up to this level. My parents did not even want dessert but were served and charged for it.
We took the remainder of the cake with us (as it was so expensive) and once drowned with cream at home was a bit more palatable. But, the chocolate cake I did for a friend 2 weeks later was 1000 times better.
I was embarrassed to have been nagging to get there for such a long period but won't bother going back as there are too many other restaurants in the Hunter that offer real flavour with lovely ambience.

Date of visit: November 2019
2  Thank Lyndell W
Reviewed November 22, 2019

Ambience is great, good service, staff very accomodating, chatty & friendly, went for lunch had Zuccini flowers followed by linguini both nice but expensive, aprox $75 per head - no booze

Date of visit: November 2019