“A taste of Paris in Pokolbin ”
Review of Bistro Molines

Bistro Molines
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Mount View
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A charming restaurant blessed with beautiful vistas and my 1st choice for Hunter Valley dining. The food is consistently delicious, prepared from fresh local ingredients and the wine list is comprehensive. Service is exceptional, attentive but not intrusive and always accompanied by warm smiles. It simply doesn't get any better than this.

1  Thank aussiepat2015

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took my friends out for Sunday lunch and had high expectations from people who had visited previously, however I have to say I was disappointed with the whole experience and came away feeling I had paid a lot of money for a mediocre experience.

The staff were friendly and working hard, however I felt there weren’t enough of them and they lacked the slickness and attentiveness to provide the higher level of service that you expect at that price. I bought some champagne and it was difficult to get top ups and the waiting staff had to be constantly asked to do this. It would’ve been easier and quicker to just do it myself!
The food was of a good portion size but wasn’t particularly impressive. My dish (lamb) was cold and we had to wait a long time for one of the party’s main to come out, prompting a reminder to the waiting staff, but by the time the final meal had come out the rest of ours were cold. You could argue that we should’ve gone ahead and eaten without the final meal on the table, but to be honest at those prices all meals should come out together and hot. When they did come out they were hurriedly ‘plonked’ on the table and the waitress dashed off. In high end restaurants the dish should be presented and briefly explained politely in my opinion.
The waiting staff were very inviting and friendly but looked quite overwhelmed at the number of diners and struggled to give the attention expected.
I have dined in many highly rated restaurants around the hunter valley and Australia and I have to say this Bistro Molines wont be on my list of places to revisit.

2  Thank michaelmould
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We have eaten at quite a few of wine country's restaurants since moving to Pokolbin 3 years ago, and this was unsurpassed. We don't eat out often, so were hoping for a real birthday treat, and we were not disappointed. We were greeted cheerfully and shown to a table with wonderful views. The wait staff were slick and attentive, and the food was generous, delicious and beautifully presented. We ran into Madame Molines on the way out who was delightful and gave us some oranges from her orchard. A very happy occasion indeed. It is expensive, but we really did feel that we got value for money.

1  Thank annette w
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Can't fault this restaurant.
All the dishes are prepared with love and care. It has to be one of the very best places to go in the Hunter Valley.

Service was excellent.

1  Thank DrLancken
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Best restaurant in town. Beautiful view a little out of town. A bit expensive but so good. Sally and Robert are so welcoming.

1  Thank alex2856