“Very French”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The food was good, a bit expensive for what it was. The dishes were very small and quite bland I thought ,I had heard how good it was so I booked for our party of 10 and I was a little bit disappointed afterwards

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Terrible terrible terrible! Food revolting, you would get better service at your local cafe. We spent 4 days in the Hunter and this was the biggest let down. We dined at Sanctuary... Beautiful, at Muse...out of this world, Muse Kitchen .....perfection. Bistro Molines a real disappointment from every aspect except the view. We had been recommended the place and was very much looking forward to our evening there but we will absolutely not be recommending this place to anyone! Not quite sure how they got the one hat??

5  Thank Npid
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Robert and Sally Moline have one of he best restaurants in the Hunter Valley. The food is cooked to perfection and paired with the prefect wines. The restaurant looks out on a sweeping valley with cool breezes gently flowing in and around the restaurant.

There is accommodation as well which is a beautifully kept cottage for 4 people, self contained and fully serviced and it's pet friendly as well and so is the restaurant!

Do yourself a favour, book first and go, have a fabulous time!

1  Thank KarenPorter54
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Really enjoyed the atmosphere and setting of this gorgeous restaurant. Buckets of pink roses and sunflowers won me over immediately. The service is excellent especially from the French maitre d'. We very much enjoyed the food, the beef fillet was a standout as was the fish carpaccio. You won't be disappointed with this place.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked in here at short notice for my birthday dinner with my brother and was very, very impressed. Not only was the food fantastic, but the service was impeccable, not always a strong point of Hunter Valley restaurants.
The setting for the restaurant is beautiful, a delightful space fitted out with crisp white linen, tastefully decorated and with comfortable seating. Entrees of gorgonzola stuffed figs and stuffed zuchini flowers were superb. Mains of filet mignon and pork were both beautifully cooked and presented. The deserts were a magnificent finale: the chocolate mousse with cinnamon mille fuielle and caramelised oranges was sublime and the berry pannacotta just brilliant. Quite simple food, cooked perfectly and presented beautifully. The staff attended to us fastidiously, were extremely professional and very polite. They have clearly been well trained and their service was way above anything else I have come across in the Valley. Well done Robert!