We chose Sani Lodge due to it being run by the local community, small numbers of guests and the option of camping. We chose SO well!!
Going to sleep in our tent each night to the symphony of insects, and sitting in a canoe on the still lake at night with the hundreds of stars reflecting in the mirror waters, are amongst my favorite memories. The food is excellent, our Sani guide Fredy a fount of knowledge and so passionate about his people, animals and forest. All other staff were lovely, the activities and transfers (motor canoe, short walk, then paddle canoe) smooth and easy. The small group size made for a more intimate experience. The camping setup was clean and you feel closer to the jungle (huge night frogs nearby every night), the showers very adequate (take your head lamp)...I will be sending my family and friends here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sani Lodge is the only jungle lodge in Ecuador that is 100% owned and operated by the indigenous Kichwa community of Sani Isla. On the banks of a stunning lagoon, and surrounded by pristine rainforest, packed with monkeys, manatees, sloths, manatees and over 550 types of birds, this superb jungle lodge is a perfect base to explore the Amazon jungle by day and enjoy some real comfort by night. Camping option available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Sani Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sani Hotel Yasuni National Park
- Sani Hotel Quito
- Sani Resort All Inclusive
- Sani Lodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park