It is hard to express in writing how beautiful and special this please really is. Visiting Yasuni National park is a once in a lifetime experience and I highly recommend staying here.
My husband and I stayed at this lodge last May and we absolutely loved it! We are experienced travelers in our mid 30's that look for adventure and a chance to experience a country's beauty and culture. If you want to experience Ecuador and meet the wonderful people, this is the best way to do it!
- The lodge itself is wonderful; it is peaceful, well maintained, and the grounds are beautiful. The rooms are well equipped with shower (hot water), electricity, and the rooms are large and clean. Our room faced the lagoon, which was just beautiful!
- Very well organized, getting there takes takes time but you do not need to worry about anything (they carry your bags, give you your plane tickets, proivde lunch during the trip there, guides are there from begining to end of the trip so you are never alone)
-The food is excellent- best in Ecuador and we visited the entire country
- The guides are very friendly and knowledgeable and put a lot of effort to make sure you are enjoying your experience. We couldn't have asked for a better experience.
- There is plenty of wildlife to see such as howler monkeys, owl monkets, sloths, a variety of birds, Caymans, tarantulas, turtles, many different types of insects- you will not be disappointed
- It is Fun! You will not be bored. There are daily excursions such as hikes, visiting the observation tower, canoe tours at night, and plenty of stuff to do during the day if you wish to stay at the lodge. They have a dock where you can swim in the lagoon, bar/restaurant with great food, observation tower to see the forest, and you’ll meet many other travelers. We made some wonderful friends from around the world!
- The part that I loved the most about this lodge is that it is run and owned by the Anangu Quichua Community.
Thank you to our gudie and the Anangu Quichua Community for making our stay so wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Napo Wildlife Center offers visitors a number of vantage points from which to admire and experience the spectacular, awe-inspiring diversity of the Amazon Basin. Climb the 120-ft. High galvanized-metal stairs to the jungle tower for otherwise impossible eye-to-eye views of canopy dwellers such as monkeys, eagles and macaws...Spy on clay licks teeming with parrots and occasionally visited by jungle cats or a magnificent elephant-muzzled tapir...Experience Man's ageless interaction with the jungle through the native community's perspectiveEnjoy evening walks to witness the astounding nightlife of the dense, entangled understory...Explore the many trails through "terra firme", "varzea" and swamp forest in search of the best that Amazonia has to offerBe it from the ground up, or from the canopy down, from hidden viewing blinds to silent paddling up black-water creeks, we deliver the biggest most intricate picture possible of this wonderful world. Napo Wildlife Center not only provides the educated perspective of bilingual guides but also the hands-on knowledge of the true guardians of Anangu, who live and witness the marvels of their jungle home every day. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Napo Wildlife Centre Hotel Yasuni National Park
- Napo Wildlife Center Ecuador/Yasuni National Park