Spent 3 nights here and would have liked to spend more.
Our guides Diana and Sergio were incredibly enthusiastic and really added to our enjoyment of the trip. As Diana likes to say "it is not a zoo" and the animals do not show up on schedule but we still managed to see 3 types of monkeys, pigmy marmosets, countless birds and more. When you thought there was nothing around Sergio would find a frog or insect which Diana would tell us all about and glowingly describe are "beautiful" - even the tarantulas Sergio coaxed out of their holes with a small stick.
It is the rain forest - so be prepared to be hot and very sweaty in the humidity. One day the rains came and it mostly poured - the lake rose 4 feet overnight. But Diana took us for quick expeditions between the downpours. Sergio took us up a very narrow stream in the canoe that is only navigable (barely) right after a heavy rain. We literally had to duck and lean side to side to avoid the branches, and we only got the canoe stuck twice!. And there was Yoga in the main building during the heaviest rain.
Food and room were outstanding and very luxurious, but the main draw for me is the jungle. When you go spend some time looking at all the different layers of vegetation and the incredible variety of plants and trees in the very dense jungle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge offers wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you. At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guides and a bilingual Naturalist Guides divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well by seeing, and hearing things guests cannot. They are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon. Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the Amazon. The Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park