My wife and i stayed in the lodge from Nov 23rd- Nov 27th. We had a very good experience during our stay. Martha the lodge director was more than happy to accommodate our request for vegetarian cuisine. We had lot of local vegetarian dishes made out of maize and potatoes to tingle our palates. Chefs gave us the option of picking out the pasta since we were one of the few vegetarian only people out there. Rooms were very well kept and cleaned when we were out. Amazon jungle tends to be humid during the day and sometimes during the night also. We did not find this a problem since we have lived in the humid weather. There are only ceiling fans in the rooms and no air conditioning. This is a true experience of living in the jungle and sleeping to the sounds of the jungle.
We had amazing guides Edwin and Henry who took great lengths in explaining to us the habitat of the animals and birds around the lodge and on the hiking trails nearby. The lodge and the habitat is an eco-diversity hot spot, a must see place for an avid bird watcher. One could spend days hiking and looking for birds and animals and not know how quickly time passes by. The lodge also has a butterfly farm which is a must see.
For enthusiastic photographers i would recommend bring a telephoto zoom lens to shoot the animals and birds and fast prime lenses to capture the night sky and the milky way.
Overall we had a great and amazing experience and would highly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge is the perfect Reserve for all kinds of travelers. We offer naturalists - wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you.At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guide and a bilingual Naturalist Guide divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well hearing, seeing and even smelling things guests cannot, they are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon.Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the AmazonThe Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park