Technically on the Napa river, a tributary of the Amazon, this is an amazing place to spend some time and see the Amazon river. The food during our time there was of excellent quality. The rooms were comfortable and clean with an overhead rain-fall shower and we had a king sized bed. The main lodge is also a great place to hand out with comfortable couches looking out over the lake.
Generally you will be placed in a group of 6-8 people and will go on two excursions a day one in the morning after breakfast and one just before supper. There are two guides, one an indigenous guide. If you are interested in certain activities, I am told they can be arranged but we did very well just doing whatever the guide took us on.
Massages and yoga lessons are available.
A dry bag is recommended for your camera and you spend a lot of time in canoes. A small tripod or monopod might be useful as you are taking photos in low light a lot of the time.
They claim that they do not get a lot of mosquitos and we didn't get bitten a lot so whether to take Malarial prophylaxis is up to you (we did while there).
Food is included in the price, alcohol is extra and is a little expensive by Ecuador standards. They do take visa and mastercard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge offers wildlife tours, special birdwatching programs, honeymoon trips and family excursions, all in harmony with the rainforest around you. At La Selva, guests are given the opportunity to explore intricate trail systems led by both a local Native Guides and a bilingual Naturalist Guides divided into small groups in order to maximize overall experiences. La Selva’s guides are the key to fulfilling and captivating outings because they already know the area well by seeing, and hearing things guests cannot. They are passionate about the jungle and their years of experience make all the difference between an acceptable tour and an astounding tour in the Amazon. Native guides are from the local communities and behold an awesome amount of ancestral knowledge about the Amazon. The Naturalist Guides that lead guests through the Amazon are bilingual and have studied and trained for many years in order to become a Naturalist and National Park certified guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your La Selva Amazon Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Selva Jungle Hotel Yasuni National Park
- La Selva Amazon Ecolodge Ecuador/Yasuni National Park