Yarina Eco Lodge
Sani Lodge(Yasuni National Park)
$794
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hosteria Remanso Lodge(Pedro Vicente Maldonado)(Great Value!)
$50
Hilton.com
  • Pool
$25
  • Restaurant
Napo Wildlife Center Ecolodge(Yasuni National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral buildingguide henryhot water and electricityeco lodgedeep appreciationtotal darknessnearby lagoondifferent aspectswatch birdsfamily stylelocal ingredientshour boat ridenapo river in the amazonthree meals a dayprimary forestjungle hikesblow pipe
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We went with a tour and did not pick this lodge ourselves. There are 26 small cabins. It is in the Amazon Rainforest so very basic. Electricity is available from 6-10 pm each night only. Water is warm as long as too many people don't shower at the same time.
The food was lacking. The main dish was served to you, (no choice) with dishes of rice, beans, and a vegetable served family style. We had fish twice in three days. Dessert was mainly a piece of papaya or watermellon. Breakfast was juice, a piece of fruit and eggs. The rolls with it were dry and barely eatable, even with jelly.
We did not see many animals. They had a pet tapir and parrots, and moneys were lured in with bananas. It was not very authentic.
I can not comment on price as it was part of a package deal.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ca4cha
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This is really a great place to be!!! The location is good, cabanas are very nice and big enough and every has his own bathroom. (toilet and shower) You have 3 times a day the possibility to make excursions and the groups are not too big. The guide explain everything and if you want to to a special excursion, it is also no problem! The staff is excellent, friendly and very competent!! People are very helpful! Food is more than delicous. It is really a nice place to be and you have the possibility to do a lot of different and interesting things but if you want, you can also just relax. It is really recommendable and we had a great time there that we went twice in our 3 weeks holiday :-)) ...so, I think, this is a good sign :-))

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Avoid this place, it looks great in photos but the hygiene there is appalling. The showers in the cabins is minimal and hot water or even warm water is rare. The cleaning of the cabins is minimal between guests, they change the sheets and towels and that is about all. WORST OF ALL THE CABINS ARE INFESTED WITH BED BUGS. I PERSONALLY RECEIVED OVER 75 BITES TO MY BODY IN ONE NIGHT!!!!!! When I commented to our guide, I was switched to another cabin and then they rented out the infested cabin to another family that same night. The staff there speaks minimum English so it was difficult to communicate at all. The hired help there was very helpful in other ways.

• Stayed: June 2010
4  Thank Mtngran
Reviewed April 18, 2010

According to the title, this hotel is in Quito, which it is not. It is about a half hour plane ride, and a one hour boat ride away from Quito, out in the Amazon jungle.

I stayed here alone and was very pleased with it. The lodge was about an hour's ride from Coca city, and to me it definitely felt remote. Apart from the lodge there was no other signs of civilization anywhere around.

There are outings two or three times a day, such as walking around the jungle (where we saw lots of wild animals and insects), bird watching, visiting an indigenous village, piranha fishing and going to see the caymans at night. Mostly you can choose which activities to participate in, and the groups are often 4-8 people. You can also get a canoe and go out on your own if you prefer, at least some people did that.

The generator is turned on every day for 4 hours, from 18:00 - 22:00. I think it also runs in the morning, because there is hot water in the showers then too.

They serve three meals a day, at 07:00., 12:30 and 19:00, served family style.

Housing is in individual cabins with private bath and shower, and a nice little hammock outside. Sometimes you can see wild monkeys from the window of your cabin.

Please do remember to bring a rain poncho (and maybe pants too) and a flash light, since they don't have any extras at the lodge. Also bring mosquito repellent, and take malaria pills.

The only negative thing about this hotel, was that the person picking me up from the airport was quite late, and I had no way of contacting them, so I just had to wait there. Eventually she showed up, and everything worked out.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank smuffin33
Reviewed February 19, 2010

It was a fantastic experience for me, maybe also because I'm crazy for animals, which I encountered richely and made me really happy. I saw monkeys, caimans, capybaras and even a coati. The bird-world was incredible and I am really unhappy about the fact to have neither the knowledge about bird-calls nor a good photo-equipment.
The lodge and its cabins are really beautiful, the beds so soft, and in the hammock outside is the best place to relax. The restaurant was beautiful, with a nice relax-area and the food really delicious. The staff is really friendly and even lend me a stronger flashlight and binoculars.
The only negative things were, that, my room had many dead insects lying around and the wildlife-rescue center arcadia was "dead".
But the wildlife-experience let me forget about this...
If anybody needs more informations, or a list of animals I saw, he may write me a mail and just ask for it...
P.S. I'm german, so excuse me for ugly phrases...
My mail is mathieu-hh(at)web.de You just have to replace the (at) with @