“Ecuador ama la vida with Bromelia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montanita
Bromelia Nature Lodge Retreat / Healing Center
Montreal, Canada
“Ecuador ama la vida with Bromelia”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recommend 110% this place to anyone who wants to live the Ecuadorian adventure with tranquility, beauty, peace and harmony. You will find an owner, Tito, that is devoted to his project, and will make you feel at home. Only 6 minutes from the beach, but you will find yourself right into the jungle. This is the best place, if you want to live a retreat peacefully, but still have access to Montanita vibe, the surfing and all Montanita's best partys. You will find yourself a new person getting out of there, with much more energy and peace with yourself. A must, and don't forget to ask about the reiki session with Tito, in order reorganize your energy.

Room Tip: If you get into Montanita town, just ask for Tito. He is well known.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MaudeDesjardins
tito-verdaguer, Owner at Bromelia Nature Lodge Retreat / Healing Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hi Maude,

Thank you very much for your nice review of our beautiful chill lodge..

It was a pleasure heving you here, come visit soon !

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The word “Paradise” does not even begin to describe the Bromila Hostel. For me, the Bromila was a little slice of heaven.

I met Tito randomly at a reservation dinner party my first night in Montanita. I had overheard Tito telling another couple that he owned a hostel about 15 minutes outside of downtown. This was very good news for me, because I spent the day walking around Montanita looking for a room. It was high season, every hostel and hotel was at full capacity. I introduced myself to Tito and asked if he had any rooms available for the night. He did. He said he had a private room available and that he would give me a ride there after dinner so I wouldn't half to pay for a cab. When we arrived at the Bromila, I could not believe my eyes. This was not like any other hostel I have ever seen in my life. It looked like a cross between a Balinese resort and a country ranch. Instantly after arriving I just felt this center of peace wash over me like a flood. The Bromila is a Reiki healing retreat. Everything from the water in the shower, to the stones, to the vegetation, had a calming effect. The rooms were very large, clean, and quite; each one having it’s on unique and beautiful decor. My first night there, I had one of the best sleeps of my life. I woke up in the morning to the sound of a wild horse bathing himself and playing in a small pound right outside of my villa. Spectacular!

The Bromila is only 15 minutes outside the booming downtown of Montanita. Tito offers a shuttle service to all of his guests. He goes in and out of town several times a day, and he will take his guests with him and drop them off at the beach, downtown, or wherever. If for some reason he is not going into town, he will arrange for a taxi service, paid for at the expense of the Bromila.

The bromila has a very friendly bar and diner staff, offering a complimentary breakfast daily.

Tito made me feel like I was guest staying in a family member’s house. I have traveled extensively, and I have never seen this level of hospitality. I only planned on staying there for one night. After I arrived, I did not want to leave. That one night stay turned into one month.
Montanita is filled with some of the friendliest people I have ever met. I am definitely going back. And without a doubt, I will be staying at the Bromila Hostel!

Thank you Tito and the Bromila staff for making my experience in Ecuador unforgettable!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you very much for such a beautiful review, come back soon

You know we will be waiting for you to come back

Big hug

Reviewed February 11, 2014

The energy in the place is amazing...comfortable, and in harmony with nature...I will return for sure! Away from the noise and mayhem that goes on in Montañita at night and yet 6 minutes away! A must visit

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Enrique P
Thank you for coming and for your revier Enrique !

Come back soon !

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was recommended Tito's place by a fellow traveller and wasnt disappointed !
Unbelievable set up with amazing attention to detail, clean and tidy. You transcend into another world whilst staying here and Tito's conversation are inspiring and legendary!

Dont think twice about staying here and your only 10 mins to Montanita and mayhem

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank TomHK86
Hi Tom,

Thank you for coming and staying at Bromelia, and for the nice review.

Hope to see you back soon !

Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was so amazed when I first walked into the Bromelia Nature Lodge Retreat - that was my first impression... this is a little piece of heaven.

Tito and his staff were very helpful in recommending options of things to do, as well as making awesome breakfasts, taking us to the beach, performing Reiki... just making us feel at home. You will be passing up a WONDERFUL experience if you do not choose to stay in this place! We will definitely be back! Thank you, Tito ~

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank glycowizard
Hi Tanya,

Thank you for coming and staying with us, also for the very nice review you posted !

Come back soon !

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We only stayed 2 days - if we had known how great this place is, we would have stayed longer. It is on my list of places to return. Guests enjoy a peaceful rainforest experience where you can do as much or as little as you please. Take a leisurely walk on the street in front and be accompanied by dogs, cats, chickens and cows all the while enjoying the beautiful flora and fauna that is unique to this area. So much flora to see - it overwhelms the senses. Tito, the proprietor is THE most gracious host and guide for things to see and do and places to eat authentic Ecuadorian cuisine ---- the day we spent collecting crystals on the beach = PRICELESS. The rooms are comfy and large, I don't know if it's the Zen of this place, but I had the best and most restful nights sleep while there -- must be all the Reiki energy flowing in and around this peaceful place. Every morning we had fresh juice from fruits literally growing next to the kitchen - papaya, bananas, oranges, etc. You can even help Tito and stay pick it - how much better does it get? If Montanita is anywhere on your itinerary --- stop in and stay with Tito at the Bromelia - his staff is helpful, welcoming and friendly and you will enjoy a unique experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Charlene R
Hi Charlene,

It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Also for the beautiful review you posted, say hi to Erik for me

Big Hug

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Bromelia Retreat was more than beautiful! The energy is loving and brite. Tito took us to a beach were we collected crystals and volcanic rocks that are powerful. The place is down to earth and its own universe yet 5 min to Montanita.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank erichendrickson
HI Erik,

It was a pleasure having you and Charlene stay here with us, and thanks for the nice review.

Big Hug