“Diebstahl! Thief!”

Montanita Spanish School - Day Classes
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Montanita
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The school was good but don t put your money in the safe the cleaning suff robbed me around 80 dollars. they do it very well just every day 10 dollaers until there is just 20 left. Nobody refunded me money. The school didn t care about the robbery!

3  Thank sascha2111
MSSchool, Owner at Montanita Spanish School - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

We are surprised to read your review as we can't recall you making this complaint. We therefore emailed the only Saschas in the past 12 months who have studied with us but have received no replies despite several months passing, so it remains a mystery.

We are sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with your accommodation experience, this is not how we would like our clients to feel - although you still did enjoy your Spanish classes which is pleasing to hear. We are regularly improving our security system and currently have a comprehensive security system on site: an alarm, a total perimeter security fence, a guard, locks on the doors, security instructions and safety boxes in every room which have an additional latch for a padlock (we request that you to attach your own padlock for added security so no one can possibly gain access to your safe) and finally live in interns.

We regularly receive client feedback that they feel very safe and secure in our cabana complex with compliments about our concern for their well being. We apologize if you feel differently and that someone was able to access your money. With your own padlock attached we can't work out how this happened and would be interested to know if you have any insights as to how this was done so we can further fine tune our system.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I went to study Spaish there for 6 weeks and it helped a lot! If you are willing to be open minded and have a right attitude for learning, you will have a lot's of fun and you will speak Spanish when you are finished! School is close by to Cabanas, or family stay. Everything is right there. Town is a bit crazy for me, but I am not a party girl. I am sure many people will find this School very helpful and teachers very good, (some teachers I found are amazing at what they do). Volonteers are great and organize many activities! Surf crew is good and they do surf trips twice a day.
The program is a bit fast but just have to keep up and do your homework! I found if I dont open my notes, its hard for me to do the application part, so study! If you seriously want to leave with a good base for Spanish and develop it from there, relax, make mistakes and practice with locals!

2  Thank LittleChatterboxNat
MSSchool, Guest Relations Manager at Montanita Spanish School - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Hola! Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Montanita Spanish School and hope that your are keeping up with the Spanish! Muchas gracias :)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Montañita Spanish School will probably give you the best experience you can have! I am a former employee of MSS but write this review as a traveller that wants to help other travellers by making the right decision. And after living and working for 6 months in Montañita I think I can help you with providing information that you might need. Montañita Spanish School is a very professional school with professional and fun teachers. Besides the classes the school offers a lot of activities for the students and teachers like BBQ, football, surf trips, billiard, cooking class, etc. All the classes and activities give a very familiar atmosphere in the school. Staying at the cabañas (accommodation provided by school) is a great decision. Almost everybody from the school stays at the cabañas so you can practice your Spanish with the students at the communal area or in the pool. The town Montañita is a cool little party and surfers town. Cocktail alley and surfing the waves in Montañita are things that you should have experienced while being in Ecuador. By visiting Montañita and the school will guarantee you new friends. During my stay I have seen many friendships being made and even new travelling partners. Really, Montañita Spanish School has the package of, learning, fun, experience and friends. And once again, I write this as a traveller. I left the school 2 months ago. (Nevertheless, still think about the time almost every day) Go and enjoy!

6  Thank Gijs P
MSSchool, Guest Relations Manager at Montanita Spanish School - Day Classes, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Hola! Thank you very much for your review. It is awesome to hear you had a great time in Montanita and we look forward to seeing you again one day! Muchas gracias!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Little more pricey then the other small school, but defiantly more reliable!

Great Staff and Fun Lessons!

1  Thank Hendrik E

Hola! Thank you very much for your review. It is awesome to hear you enjoyed Montanita Spanish School and we look forward to seeing you again one day! Muchas gracias!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

meet people , learn spanish have fun party. what more could you want. this pace is filled with wonderful people. i recommend it. gracias

2  Thank maxiroxy

Hola! Many thanks for your kind words. We agree, what more could you want? Though I think you could also add surfing to your list! Maybe next time... Muchas gracias!