“Got food poisoning!!”

Cuisines: Ecuadorean, Peruvian, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Last full day of our 4 week long trip in Ecuador and we almost got home saying no one got sick. After dinner, my fiance felt ill and it just went down hill from there. A 15 hour van ride to Quito while throwing up in a bag...not good.

1  Thank Sharlie9776
maxiroxy, General Manager at Dharma Beach Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I am so sorry to hear you got sick, especially during a van ride of 15 hours to quito when it only takes 9 hours to get there. we have the cleanest kitchen in montanita. hands down. we also own the pharmacy in town and we know that people get sick everyday . Mainly from drinking with dirty ice cubes at many of the drink stands on the street. I always warn everyone. That is why we buy our ice from professional ice factory. either way we are really sorry for your bad experience,. Hopefully you feel better now. first time anyone gives us a comment like that. please try not to eat or drink on the street anywhere. congratulations on the wedding.
take care

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Montañita is a great place for both locals and tourists. The man behind Dharma Beach is probably the most professional guy i've ever met in Ecuador. I totally bet the place is amazing since i've been honoured several times with the attentions of the people behing this project during my several visits to Ecuador. I'm looking forward spending some days over there.

1  Thank willysanjuan
Reviewed July 4, 2012

dharma beach has a good reazonable prices, good structure, very exquisite food and with time this hotel could be history .... its better than any hole in montanita .. Enjoy ;) i support kam !!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Dharma is a fantastic place from top to bottom!! Their food is Montañita's best quality taste. The attention is also two thumbs up, and the place speaks for itself. A huge, very comfortable place for any tourist who wants to have an enjoyable time in this exotic beach. I've been to Montañita many times and I love it everytime I go, and I gotta say, this is a MUST visit. Dharma is also host of the best daylight pool parties I've seen in Ecuador. If you visit Montañita and are looking to get the most out of it, you must walk the city, walk the beach, party all night and go to Dharma, I absolutely recommend it.

3  Thank YasserFadul
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Its a really cool place in front of the beach, clean, good drinks, good food, friendly staff, cool music, great coffe, wi fi, pool etc... i love it !

2  Thank tito-verdaguer