“Secure, clean, great location, and a pool too”
Review of Charo's Hostal

and 1 more site!
Charo's Hostal
Ranked #3 of 42 Montanita B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“Secure, clean, great location, and a pool too”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

A wonderful clean pool for a hot day, a hot tub for a cooler one, or a step over the rock wall to the fantastic beach, this hotel's location is amazing. It is right in the middle of town, yet it manages to insulate occupants from late-night noise. The night guard, and friendly day-time staff and owners, made the hotel feel very secure and friendly. Restaurant meals were great and reasonably priced. Rooms were clean, though not large. Great value for the price! We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Montanita is a happening place, so if your room is on the way by, you may hear people come and go la...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Amanda M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Paris
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Charo's is a perfect place to stay in over the top Montanita. Cheap and cheerful with a hammock on the balcony for each room and an excellent location. I would be happy to go back. It is perfect for a few days of beach R&R.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Great location and clean facilities. Loved the pool and hammocks. The restaurant was clean and the service was wonderful! They even made me a banana shake just like I make back home using my recipe! The owner was very nice and I felt cared about all his guests. I felt sick during my stay, and he was very accomodating in having the kitchen make me a basic chicken soup because my stomach was very sensitive. The owner greeted everyone and was very attentive, as was the rest of the staff. The room was decent for the price, no frills but clean. The a/c got very cold and the water pressure in the bathroom was good. The only problem was the crickets in the room that come in from under the door. I don't like crickets, and in December I guess they are very aggresive and were everywhere in the town. It is not the hotel fault, but maybe they can put something under the door to keep the crickets out. Great free wifi and nice landscaping. We will definitely be returning to charo's on our next stay, unless Dharma Hotel is open which I also want to try. :) Thanks for everything Charo's!!!

Room Tip: Pick something on the first floor near the pool as the stairs to go up are kind've narrow if you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nena_tx1
Alaska
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Charos Hostel as of this writing is one of the best. For its location and value you will not go wrong. It is a very beautiful place with a Great location and view. The Staff are great also. It is a very easy walk downtown, but when you are ready to sleep, the downtown noise and parties will not bother you.

Room Tip: Get a room all the way in the back, closest to Las Playas. (Ocean)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Great Mills, Md.
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed at Charo's for three days in early Dec Most of the reviews posted here are right on, English is spoken here and that helps alot as we don;t speak Spanish. We found everything to be to our expecations and enjoyed our stay. The beach is very close and the water was calm and inviting. We also used the pool which was very clean and accessable. Charo was there while we were and she was doing renovations to parts of the grounds but did so as not to interfere with any of the guests. At the same time she managed to be helpful and gave us very good advice and directions for the rest of our travels even providing us with an English speaking driver for our trip to Manta. Thanks, Charo. for a wonderful experience. If traveling to Montanita you can not go wrong staying at Charo's .

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2011

dysfunctional reservation system. not honoring previous reservation confirmations.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank KlausMaus139
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We came here for a three day holiday and spended over 30 hours without any lights or water. I got food poisson and couldn't flush the toilet. Which means I had to use the same toilet water over 3 or 4 times. The smell in the room was awful and we had to try and get some sleep with all the windows and doors opened. The owner said the problem had nothing to do with her even though this was the ONLY hostel in the block without lights or water. When I demanded my money back she would only pay me back one third of the total cost. The next day (still no lights or water) the owner was not around to give any sort of explannation. If the hotel is working then this place is a good choice. But good luck with that!! Also, the prices are not written down on their website and they charge between 40 to 60 dollars for the same room deppending on where you're coming from. I understand the problem could be out of their hands but the service provided is one of the worse i've seen and they don't seems to care. I highly recommend NOT TO STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple