“Marazul fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montanita
Marazul Spanish School & Hostel
Melbourne, Australia
“Marazul fun!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I studied in Marazul for a month and had the best time while learning spanish. The teachers are very professional and Gaby is the sweetest. She welcomed us and gave us full use of the schools facilities. When not in school I was practicing my spanish in town or learning to surf in Montanitas fantastic beach. I cannot recommended this school enough! Its small and personal so you make friends easily.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kit K

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I found Mar Azul Spanish School online when searching the web for Spanish school near the coast in Ecuador..Montanita seemed like the best place you could go to have a great time while learnig Spanish!! And that is what it was!! Montanita is a grat place, many young people enjoying life, a beautiful beach, nice waves to surf and a nightlife that cannot be any better! Learning Spanish is of course a lot easier when you are in a place like this! The school is great, Gaby is awesome and will help with anything you ask for! The teachers are all wonderful, nice and really know how to teach a foreigner with almost no knowledge of the language how to speak (or at least understand ;)) Spanish! My teacher Stalin, who was the most patient teacher ever, was great! He would explain me the same vocabulary and grammer over and over again ..in case I had forgotten after a long night out ;-) The family I stayed with during the 6 weeks in Montanita was great, the food was amazing and the location in La Punta, at the end of the beach, was perfect! Just at the beach and only a 5 minute walk along the beach to MarAzul and town. All in all I loved my time in Montanita and can everyone just warmly recommend to getg some Spanish lessons at MarAzul while enjoying beach life in Montanita!!

Room Tip: Hostels or a family at the end of the beach in La Punta are better for people staying a longer perio...
3 Thank Christina M
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I arrived in Montanita (minus my luggage – thanks again LAN) and Gaby helped me with speaking to the airlines. I loved the private classes and was very accommodating to re-arrange my classes to suit my socialising and surfing. Absolutely love MarAzul Spanish School & I would recommend it to any one going to Montanita, thanks again Gaby! :)

2 Thank Mathew W
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Signed up for two weeks of Spanish lessons, stayed for three! All three weeks were with Gaby who was an excellent teacher and broke everything down very clearly.
I had studied Spanish with an instructor and on my own for 6 months prior to visiting Montanita, but the Spanish immersion, one on one instruction at Marazul was more conducive to learning quickly.
The "classroom" was outside, with birds chirping, warm wind blowing, and the occasional visit from an iguana!
Gaby often organized group events (once or twice a week) where all the students could meet and go for drinks with each other, their instructors, and a few locals.
I highly recommend this school, you will learn more quickly than you thought possible, and, unlike University courses, it's fun!

2 Thank Wander R
Montanita, Ecuador
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Absolutely love MarAzul Spanish School. Gaby is amazing and takes care of you from the start. The curriculum is easy to follow and the teachers are patient and very good at what they do. Studying in Montanita can be a distraction because of the constant party atmosphere and the lure of the beach but the school is situated just far enough away from the town that you can focus on your learning and just close enough that a short walk after class leads you to practice your new language while buying food or necessities. Gaby also has many contacts at other schools in Ecuador that follow the same curriculum and I took advantage of this. I spoke the least amount of Spanish you can speak after 1 year of high school Spanish and when I left I had an excellent base to build from. Miguel was my teacher and he is very enthusiastic about teaching and very encouraging. I Can't recommend learning in Ecuador enough, the people are friendly and patient, they speak the slowest and use the least amount of slang, and the US dollar is used so there is no confusion with currency exchange. Love, love, love, love this place!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ChristelmPeters
Dubai
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Well even before I arrived in Montanita Gaby was trying to help me find somewhere to stay. Once I arrived Gaby was so great and invited me out for dinner on my first night before I'd even started the Spanish lessons. The lessons were really great, I had group (just two of us) and private lessons and everyone was always welcome to stick around after class and socialise, fantastic if you are travelling alone. This really made my trip in Montanita, I would recommend it to everyone, thanks Gaby! :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JulieM12
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My partner and I studied spanish here for four weeks and loved the vibe and personal experience we got from this small spanish school... We had classes with Miguel each day, who was a great teacher and very patient with us. Gabi who owns the school is very lovely, and we enjoyed to hang out with her at and outside of school. The price was very reasonable, and the school itself is a great environment to study and hang out in. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking to study in Montanita!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple