“Great choice of school to learn Spanish”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montanita
Marazul Spanish School & Hostel
Melbourne, Australia
“Great choice of school to learn Spanish”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My partner and I studied spanish here for four weeks and loved the vibe and personal experience we got from this small spanish school... We had classes with Miguel each day, who was a great teacher and very patient with us. Gabi who owns the school is very lovely, and we enjoyed to hang out with her at and outside of school. The price was very reasonable, and the school itself is a great environment to study and hang out in. Definitely recommend this to anyone looking to study in Montanita!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nicky S

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ventura, California
Reviewed June 16, 2012

After a week at the other Spanish school in town, we were so happy to change to this school and study with Miguel for a week. We were so much happier in this smaller, friendly school. Service is personal, rates are reasonable, and everyone is so nice!
Miguel made class very interesting and fun and has a great personality and taught us a lot of grammar, plus we had fun conversations.
What a great place to study!

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank tannerland
Daejeon, Daejeon, South Korea
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Marazul Spanish School offers an excellent personalized learning environment. The teachers are well trained and cater to the needs of each student. We spent four weeks at the school and learned heaps. We covered all three verb tenses and conversational basics.
Montanita is a party destination, however, the school is located away from the town´s center. This helps facilitate an exceptional learning experience. We had the opportunity to learn from Miguel as well as Gaby; both whom are knowledgable and patient. We highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested in learning or expanding their Spanish. Thank you Marazul for an amazing experience...
Justin and Anna

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anna S
Reviewed March 25, 2012

After studying for 1 week at the Montanita Spanish School in a class of 6 people and hating it we contacted Gaby and signed up for 3 weeks studying with her. This was the best decision we could have made. Gaby is such a great teacher and just a lovely person in general. We spent 4 hours in the morning with her every weekday morning and it was an absolute pleasure. The classes were relaxed and fun which took the school element out of it, which really helps being so long out of school and travelling for a long period. Unlike the other school we actually looked forward to getting up in the morning to go to class. The lessons were flexible to our needs allowing us to go at our own pace and not get stressed when things were grasped straight away.
Each day Gaby supplied bananas and coffee for a snack in our break and even allowed us to store cereal and milk in her kitchen so we could eat breakfast before class. If this wasn't enough on her trip to town she gladly did some food shopping for us and then invited us round for dinner with some of the other students.
Both inside and outside the class Gaby is an absolute gem. I cannot recommend her school enough!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed November 16, 2011

¡Gracias a todos en Mar Azul (Isabela, Miguel, Abel y Gaby) para un gran experiencia!

I spent 2 1/2 weeks taking classes with Isabela and it was a wonderful experience. My spanish improved immensely and I had a blast. It is not just the spanish school but the friendships you make with the teachers and the other students. Gaby and her crew are great about getting the students together for outside activities. For me, this included trips the a national park and the town of Banos, dinners at local restaurants, salsa dancing and mid day lunches.

Before I arrived I was extremely nervous as it was my first trip travel solo but through emails Gaby gave me reassurance that everything would be great upon my arrival and it was, truly incredible.

Last and surely not least, before my arrival Gaby helped me to arrange a famiy homestay with the Familia Borbor. This was by far the best part of my whole experience, not only did I improve my spanish greatly by living with the family, I was also welcomed in to see family culture in Ecuador. I loved living the Borbors so much that I returned to montanita 2 times over my 7 weeks in Ecuador, spending almost 5 weeks with them. The whole family welcomed me in as their family and I had an instant group of friends because of it. I highly recommend this option.

Also, take surg lessons through Mar Azul, the instructors they use are great : )

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I loved studying Spanish at Marazul Spanish school.
It is a small local school with very professional enthusiastic teachers.
Isabel my teacher was really good, always reacted on my feedback. And did a lot of extra work to help me with my special request for practicing aviaton vocabulary, where I work in.
I do recomend to email the school in advance to make sure they reserve a class for you.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 17, 2011

During a 3 month trip through South America stayed in Montanita for over a month. Wanting to learn surfing and spanish I contacted Gaby for lessons. Lessons were amazing. Took daily private lessons all through my stay. Classes are great, you talk a lot (luckily not one of those classes where you write all the time), and in a month covered virtually all the grammar. But apart from, that Gaby is such a warm, and great person. (and don't forget Kyle the dog..). She helped me right after first contact with accomodation, and transport from Guayaquil. And apart from classes she gives regular dinners at her place, gathers everyone for nights out in town.

All in all, a fantastic experience for everyone who wants to learn talking spanish quickly and meet a wonderful person! Very, very, very recommendable (also financially by the way)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo