In the case of a Zombie Apocalypse, I would definitely retreat to Casa Del Sol. Not for its fortress-like properties - largely open and partly made of bamboo, it wouldn't really stave off my eventual mauling for very long. It just feels like a pretty zen place to cower for the rest of my pitiful life.
Physically, it's a lovely setup, just a 5 minute beach-stroll away from the debauchery and hedonism of the main town, but perfectly quiet where it is, and right on the beach. The authentic tiki bar is staffed by charming folk who make mean (i.e. good) maracuya daiquiris and generally provide excellently convivial chat.
For those in need of spiritual healing (due to incoming zombie apocalypse or otherwise), CdS is the only place in Montanita with integrated Yoga in a dedicate studio, twice a day or something, and the dulcet tones of the lapping ocean and the snarling zombies below are the perfect backdrop to sink into downward dog and watch the soothing fight between your ying and yang.
- Charmingly sardonic genuine ENGLISHMAN-CHEF making fusion cuisine for communal chowdown
- Surfboards to hire so you can stand around the beach and look cool
- In-house masseuse, to reset your muscles after yoga resets your chakras.
- Adorable Casa Del Sol dogs who could probably be trained to fetch you drinks from the bar
- 5 vowels and 5 constanants! Can't say fairer than that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa del Sol has 10 courtyard rooms uniquely designed with a perfect balance of stone and bamboo, all encompassed by an infinite supply of good energy! Accommodations are private rooms with a double or queen bed, newly renovated bathrooms, with hot water, wi fi and a different, delicious breakfast each morning. We believe in helping you to start your day off right! We have 2 common areas for socializing or relaxing and hammocks on the shared balconies. Fresh made lunches and family style dinners are available are certain days throughout the week, and unlimited coffee, tea and drinking water are provided all day! Other activities on site include movie nights in our outdoor theater, Spanish classes, free use of bicycles, and our in house tour agency to help you explore the area. Between our bamboo yoga studio located in the hotel and our new ocean view movement space in Montanita, we can offer you 15+ classes per week. 3 Different types of yoga, body sculpt and salsa/bachata classes are scheduled throughout the week, allowing you the flexability to do it all! Located in La Punta, a 5 minute walk from Montanita town, we not only provide a comfortable and tranquil place to sleep, we offer you an experience. We believe that as soon as you step foot into our place you immediately become part of 'La Familia'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Sol Hotel Montanita