Casa Divina Lodge
  • Pool
Grand Hotel(Quito)(Great Value!)
$22
TripAdvisor
All reviewszip liningbutterfly farmnight hikecloud forestbird watchingobservation deckgalapagos cruisewonderful hostsbreakfast and dinnermorning birdingcolorful birdshand madebirding packagethe owneran excellent guidefamily styleother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Spent two nights at Casa Divina with a friend and had an amazing time! The individual cabins were spacious and clean, with comfortable beds and beautiful views. I spent several hours just lying in the hammock on the balcony enjoying being in the rainforest. Molly and Efrain were wonderful hosts. Meals were fresh, healthy and delicious, and I thoroughly enjoyed the early morning bird watching tour with Efrain, followed by some excitement on the zipline cables! I highly recommend staying here. I had to be dragged away on our last day!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shanni_pii
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed at this wonderful rainforest lodge with my 27-year old daughter. It was a great stay in all regards. The food is gourmet and Molly fed us the vegetarian selections we had requested. The family that runs this lodge is so friendly and accomodating. The activities we did were well done and quite physical. Loved every minute and hope to return with my husband. Five stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tip: all of the activites have guides - don't forget to tip. And, don't expect downtown Vegas. It's Ecuador and beautifully non-americanized. Take bird and butterfly books if you have room. Many species.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My husband and I had a fantastic time at Casa Divina. We spent two nights at the lodge and paid for the Discovery Mindo itinerary (with some adjustments tailored to us). We spent just over two weeks in Ecuador, and Mindo was our last stop. After the Galapagos, we thought anything else would pale in comparison, but our Mindo stay offered some of the best times on our honeymoon.

The activities were awesome: zip lining, birding hikes, night hike for frogs, an early morning pilgrimage to the Cock of the Rock, tubing in the Mindo river, orchid garden, butterfly farm, insane cable car ride over a gorge, and a waterfall swim.

The food and hospitality were wonderful - Molly and Efraim are a really great couple and terrific hosts. The accommodations are lovely. And Molly went out of her way to prepare delicious vegetarian food for me and omnivorous offerings for my husband.

And if you are a birder or somewhat interested in birding, Efraim is an amazing birder. He hiked the whole time with us with his spotting scope over his shoulder and was able to quickly set it up for us on toucans, flycatchers, trogon, and a plethora of other species. He is quite a naturalist, and his enthusiasm is great. We felt really lucky to have him as our guide in Mindo.

I really recommend Casa Divina. I am absolutely happy with our time and experience there and feel that the price was fair and reasonable for the services we received.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Spent only two nights at Casa Divina and would have loved to spend more. We arrived by private car from Quito. The owner of Casa Divina, Molly, set it up so the car picked us up at our Quito hotel and drove us straight to Mindo. Alex, the driver, was full of stories and music, so it was a great drive.

When we arrived at CD, we were greeted by Molly, two dogs, a staff member, and a wheelbarrow. The car can only go so far, so the welcoming committee escorts you the rest of the way across the small wooden bridge and up a heavily forested, lush path to the main lodge office (bags in the wheelbarrow, of course, unless one of Molly's daughters is hitching a ride!).

The main building is beautiful and still under construction (they will soon be building a second story). Swings for the kids, comfy couches, and a hammock greet you. This is where all meals are served. Molly gets you freshly made coffee and tea while you register, then she takes you to your room.

Our room overlooked lush greenery, everywhere. Hummingbirds darted about and larger birds of all sorts flew around and landed amongst the trees. There was a hammock on our balcony, but the bugs kept us safely inside the room.

Beds are comfortable, though we would have loved to have a fan, as it was rather warm. The bathroom is spare but beautiful, with a great view out the shower window!

The meals at CD were scrumptious! Breakfast was filling and yummy, dinner was multi-coursed and, when complimented with Molly's caipirinhas, perfect. The kitchen staff made fanesca and rice pudding special for good friday and we spent the evening eating by candlelight due to the raging storm outside taking down the powerlines.

We hiked everywhere -- to town is about 30 minutes, to the waterfalls, about an hour. Molly's husband owns the zipline company up the street (Mindo Ropes and Canopy) and we were able to buy tickets ahead of time to skip any lines and get right to zipping (took about 15 minutes to walk there).

I highly recommend Casa Divina. It was a beautiful, comfortable, luxurious place in the middle of the lush cloud forest.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 13, 2010

I had made plans to stay at Casa Divina and although our plans changed and we didn't stay I had a complete price list of all of the activities that were available and at what cost they would be. The owner even took the time to plan out all of our days to make the most of our time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends