“enjoyable”
Review of CasKaffeSu

CasKaffeSu
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Mindo
Reviewed May 20, 2013

we stayed for a week. Susan was very friendly and helpful, set up trips and experiences, knows the locals and made great recommendations. I loved my room, beautifully decorated and clean.
We heard about Susan and Luis through travelers while staying in Quito, EC They were so right!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for CasKaffeSu

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel owner is very nice and helpful. She helped us with our plans to see area attractions and even arranged for a driver. However, the rooms are musty. Our room had mold on the ceiling. The door to the bathroom is very narrow (and I'm a size 4) and the bathroom is cramped. There is no place to store clothes. I do not like living out of my suitcase. The room was inexpensive but even at that I will not be back.

I'll return to Mindo, it's a beautiful area. But I'll try a different hostel next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Great people, fantastic food, clean rooms, good rates. The most expensive item on the menu was 11.00 for a great beef dinner. I would defiantly go back for a longer stay. I don't think that I have 200 characters.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Gorgeously built house with courtyard, garden and restaurant just off main street. By the looks of it you can truly tell the sweet and welcoming owners Susan & Luis put a lot of love and personal care in this place. Wonderful architecture with a very warm and authentic feel. Colourful plastered walls, much attention to detail, lush tropical garden including lots of hummingbirds, great restaurant with fireplace and terrace, fab food, wine and coffee and as mentioned lovely hosts who will go all the way for you. Beautiful, clean, comfy and very affordable rooms.

As I am writing this review, I realise words and pics just cannot describe how unique and atmospheric this little gem is. And although it has been almost 4,5 years since I stayed here as a solo traveler, I will never, ever, forget it. Unfortunately due to a tight schedule I only stayed for one night, otherwise I would have probably stayed forever ;). I think I was the only one there at the time, which made it even more special, 'cause therefore an additional bonus was the long inspiring and admirable chat Susan and I had about how they made their dreams come through by moving here. She also gave me some very reliable advice on how to make the most of my time in Mindo cloud forest and it all turned out brilliantly.

Needless to say I can highly recommend CasKaffeSu to all travellers alike!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We had such a great experience at this hostel! Susan and Luis Alban really know how to maintain a clean and beautiful atmosphere, and were very accommodating to our group of 12. The rooms were very clean and the showers were nice. Bugs are obviously around the area, but the hostel didn't seem too bad. You do not need mosquito nets at this hostel. The restaurant was also delicious, and the coffee was a very nice treat compared to all the Nescafe that we were drinking in Quito. Best of all, Susan was like a mother away from home. She helped us with everything we needed and gave us extra towels and linens. I would recommend this hostel to anyone! Make sure you take the El Quetzal chocolate tour and zip line if you can. Mindo is a place I will always remember!

Room Tip: We had three rooms with our group. They were all very nice! Some rooms have connecting bathrooms. I...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here with a group for one night. Initially, it appeared as if the hostel didn't have enough room, but Susan managed to rearrange the rooms so we could all be accommodated comfortably.
Caskaffesu's grounds are located about a 30 second walk from the main street. The environment is really beautiful, as well as the rooms. The style and color palette of the entire atmosphere is really calming, the beds are comfortable and the showers have hot water.
Luis and Susan are both bilingual, therefore able to help accommodate for you in either language, as well as give you pointers of things to do and answer any questions you have.
The restaurant is AWESOME. I ate breakfast, lunch, and dinner there. My biggest recommendations are the fried yuca with cheese and any of the batidos!
Overall, Susan and Luis really enhanced our excursion in Mindo, and I plan on returning!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This was a somewhat disappointing experience. The hostel was overpriced for what it actually was - no breakfast and the "water program"... There are many other hostels in town that are just as nice and include breakfast and water... Also, it is very noisy with people up and around in the court yard early in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo