“Best, best , BEST pizza in Ecuador!!!!”
Review of El Tigrillo

El Tigrillo
Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Mindo
Cuisines: Italian
Description: El Tigrillo with a history of almost 30 years, being the first restaurant in Mindo, previously named San Francisco, since November 11, 2008, starting to be called El Tigrillo. The pizzeria El Tigrillo is characterized by having an original Italian pizza, respecting the traditions and ingredients of that country. On the other hand, we make national food.
Reviewed August 23, 2018

I was only going to have a salad until I saw a beautiful thin crust pizza delivered to an adjacent table... I told my boyfriend to order a large and I still ordered the salad for me. Cooked in a wood fired grill the pizza (with everything) was delivered to our table hot and crispy. The flavors, spices, topping... Just perfect. It is very unusual for a thin crust pizza with lots of toppings to stay crisp. This one did! If you are a fan of thin crust pizzas you must go here. I still got the salad which was huge loaded with fresh tomatoes, avocados, green peppers and more. Even after 5 pieces of pizza I could not resist the better part of this salad.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

I know a Tigrillo is not a tiger but I’m sure Tony the Tiger would agree, They’re Grrreat!!! .
We came here 2 nights in a row, a rarity for us. Best pizza in Ecuador. Service is fast and capable. Great family venue. If you visit Mindo put this place on your itinerary.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I had a good time at El Tigrillo. It was recommended to me by a friend and has a domed, wood (I believe) oven where they cook the pizza. It was definitely a nice change of pace from my normal fare here in Ecuador and very family friendly. The staff is nice and it's usually crowded. We went for dinner and were a big group, so it was nice that they could accommodate all of us. If you want pizza in Mindo, it's a nice option, but it's not at the top of my list.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Great pizza, sandwiches and almuerzo also! Very Feeney family owned business with a real wood burning stove to prepare pizzas and sandwiches. Ignore reviews that want a cookie cutter experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I am usually fairly critical of restaurants. I cannot fault this it was perfect in every way. the night we went there was entertainment. A man singing. we did not want to leave.. I loved their oven

Date of visit: June 2018