“Good for Ecuador”
Review of El Tigrillo

El Tigrillo
Ranked #8 of 58 Restaurants in Mindo
Cuisines: Italian
Description: El Tigrillo with a history of almost 30 years, being the first restaurant in Mindo, previously named San Francisco, since November 11, 2008, starting to be called El Tigrillo. The pizzeria El Tigrillo is characterized by having an original Italian pizza, respecting the traditions and ingredients of that country. On the other hand, we make national food.
Reviewed July 15, 2018

I had a good time at El Tigrillo. It was recommended to me by a friend and has a domed, wood (I believe) oven where they cook the pizza. It was definitely a nice change of pace from my normal fare here in Ecuador and very family friendly. The staff is nice and it's usually crowded. We went for dinner and were a big group, so it was nice that they could accommodate all of us. If you want pizza in Mindo, it's a nice option, but it's not at the top of my list.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Great pizza, sandwiches and almuerzo also! Very Feeney family owned business with a real wood burning stove to prepare pizzas and sandwiches. Ignore reviews that want a cookie cutter experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

I am usually fairly critical of restaurants. I cannot fault this it was perfect in every way. the night we went there was entertainment. A man singing. we did not want to leave.. I loved their oven

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 17, 2018

With dogs waiting with baited (dog) breath outside, perhaps a trumpet player or singer joining you half way through your meal, and staff who serve just as politely if you are having a coffee, a beer of a full slap up meal, this is one of the most pleasant locations to watch the world pass by. Expect to meet fellow visitor, it is a popular and well known haunt of both locals and travellers. The food is served on large platters, with medium to large portions and is very edible. Pizzas come in sizes large, larger or very large ( indicated by portion-cut plates adorning the walls). The prices are keen, the food interesting and the place is clean and beloved by visitors who return again and again.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 16, 2018

I try to be nice in reviews, but this place does not deserve it. I know we do not always know what goes on in a kitchen, but this place nastily cooks food in plain sight. They may be playing with kids or animals, or shaking hands with people all while preparing your pizza. And when you get a pizza you did not order and they expect you to take it anyway. After two wrong pizzas they brought a third wrong order - we just ate it left. What an overrated dump.

Date of visit: October 2017