“Who Knew Butterflies Could Be So Interesting?”

Mariposas de Mindo - Butterfly Garden
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Mindo
Pine, Colorado
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Who Knew Butterflies Could Be So Interesting?”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I didn't know that I would enjoy this attraction so much, my friends where the reason that I went. I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there. We were up in the area to hike and stopped here for about 45 minutes. I did not stay overnight here, but checked out the rooms, and thought they had a simple charm. Clean too. I would stay here.

Visited October 2012

Golden, Colorado
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“nice place but doesn't take long”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Its a nice butterfly garden but it won't take too much of your time as there isn't too much to see. I probably spent 20 minutes here taking some photos and thats about it. I walked from town which took about 45 minutes along a fairly busy dirt road.

Visited September 2012
Long Branch, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“worth a visit”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I really liked this place. The coolest part was probably watching some of the butterflies hatch. You get to walk around and the butterflies will land on you. It's about $5 per person.

Visited September 2012
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Bug bites”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Fun to see the butterflies.... More fun to see all the incredible hummingbirds eating off the feeders outside. Although we were eaten alive by mosquitos while taking some incredible photos. ( the birds let you get very close) so bring bug spray

Visited August 2012
World Traveler
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“A magical experience”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I visited the Mariposas del Mindo on a Sunday morning. Mornings are best since that's when the butterflies are most active.

This is truly a magical experience walking amidst 28 species of butterflies, 2,000 in total. Having butterflies land on you, or holding them gently in your hand, some larger than an adult hand, is not something one does everyday. Easy to photograph the butterflies and you can stay as long as you like. Admission was only $5.00 Well worth it. A couple miles outside of Mindo, but I walked there and it took only 45 minutes from the town.

Visited August 2012