“Personable and Knowledgeable Guide for A Beautiful Nature Area”

Mindo Cloud Forest Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Private Mindo Cloud Forest Tour Including a...
Ranked #4 of 12 Outdoor Activities in Mindo
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Nature wonders just 2 hours drive from Quito, you can visit here on a day trip or stay overnight at one of the several confortable lodges. Richard Hernandez takes you to different attractions like orchid reserves, butterfly garden,cable car, hikes to hidden waterfalls, birdwatching spots.Highly recommended for Nature Lovers. MINDO CLOUD FOREST
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Mindo Cloud Forest Tours are custom tours of the Mindo Cloud Forest area and surrounding areas conducted by Richard Hernandez. Richard is a very knowledgeable, warm and personable tour guide who has a university degree in tourism in Ecuador. He is from and lives in the Mindo area, and has also lived in Quito. His English is excellent. He customized the tour totally for us, including a later departure and return time, stops at the beautiful Pululahua Crater, the Butterfly museum in Mindo, a birding area, a water and hiking trail, and even a brief stop at one of the Equator museums on the way back to Quito. Richard's knowledge of wildlife and plants is very impressive and he makes it all come alive vividly. He also knows the area so well, as well as Quito, that he can adjust his tour to your interests. In our case, that was nature, but he offered us ziplining, tubing, and a host of other outdoor activities. We have taken a lot of private tours in recent years, and some have been very good. However, Richard possessed a very high degree of knowledge, combined with personal warmth and interest as well as a very high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm. I never met him before the tour and picked him from the more recent TripAdvisor reviews. However, after the tour I would recommend him for anyone visiting the area.

8  Thank JSt52
in 34 reviews
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Unique experience.
We didn't know what to expect at first, but turned out to be a pleasant experience.
Guide was knowledgable and very friendly.
The reserve is a very unique spot,
wish we had bit more time to climb to the falls (that was the only part that was not explain to us that we had the option).
Certainly recommend both the tour and the guide.

2  Thank MT M
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Richard is a wonderful,caring tour guide who made our trip pleasant. He hiked with us and amazed me with his knowledge of the native flora. I would let him take you to Otavalo and then to lunch at the hacienda and if you have time and and you are in a quirky mood visit the shamans. You will never never forget this day. And don`t forget the zip-lining excursion as well. Richard is an educated bilingual guide who was amazing.

6  Thank edo33951
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Our guide was very professional and knowledgable. His English was superb and the vehicle clean and equipped for the drive. Zip lining experience was fabulous. Lunch at his friend's bird reserve was delightful.

6  Thank ElizabethRath
See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I had only one day in Quito and contacted this company to see if I could coordinate to see the various places I wanted to see. Richard bent over backwards to get me to see everything on my list. It was a very full day, but it was amazing and well worth the price. I appreciated Richard's communication with me to confirm all of the activities beforehand and his expert's eye at spotting birds and wildlife. I thought the Bellavista reserve was an amazing place, and I enjoyed going to the various spots around Mindo Town. All in all, a great experience and I highly recommend booking with Richard and this company!

5  Thank Michael N