Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews bumpy road eco lodge the river beautiful spot quito
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2015

This is a true eco-lodge! You will shower with filtered river water and the pool is also river water! You drink bottled water tho LOL... the food is good, not superb like some comments I read, however, it is good & clean food for Mindo standards.
The lodge is super clean, the staff is really cordial and kind. People are right when they say they will go above and beyond to make you feel at home and cover your needs.
The downside is that it is far away from town (25 minutes in a SUV), so if you are in a rush or quick trip I will not recommend. I will recommend if you are going to enjoy nature in a comfy, quiet and secluded place for few days as there is nothing but nature around. There is no wi-fi and phone signal is extremely weak so you will definitely disconnected.

Room tip: Choose the top top floor, we were on the second and heard the noise from the guests above
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 25, 2015

I have recently just stayed at El Acrazo del Arbol with a group of 13 students for 4 days. It felt like I was staying in a beautiful tree-fort (with all the amenities of a hotel) in the middle of cloud forest . If you are looking for a true getaway from all the hustle and bustle, great hiking trails, good food and amazing staff, this is your place to be!

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank emilymM615BI
Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

While a little ways away from the town, this place is worth the extra drive. It is so beautiful and peaceful there; the grounds were full of flowers and hummingbirds, and the steam bath was a great way to relax on the chilly nights.

The service could not have been better and the room was very cozy and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay here and my time in Mindo very much!

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed September 15, 2014

Located in an absolutely breathtaking part of mindo, where the splendor of the cloudforest is most evident. Absolutely enjoyed spending time at the site and was almost reluctant to leave to go into town. The service was excellent and personal, and the food was exquisit. Highly recommended. My father got a cold just before we arrived, and the staff pampered him with special teas and added special herbs in the steam bath - which was quite a treat on its own. Only downside is that its 7km from town so the road may be difficult for low-riding cars in the rainy season, particularly at some stream crossings. If you don't have a vehicle, you will need to rent a pickup-taxi.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank wajari
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My stay here was so nice. Dora is the nicest lady in the world. I misplaced my towel the night that i was leaving and she helped me look all over for it. She was also really worried and upset that we could not find it because she thought one of the employees might have taken it. Turns out that I had packed it and could not see it under my other clothes.

The food was supper good too. It tasted like food from a five star restaurant. Everything was so nice. The grounds were clean and beautiful, the rooms were lovely, the staff was kind and helpful.

If my friends, family or myself are ever in Ecuador again I will be sure to return.

(Not to mention they accommodated a group of 40 people, so 40 people ate all at once)

Date of stay: July 2014