Birdwatcher's House Hostal
CasKaffeSu(Mindo)
$147
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My teenage daughter and I stayed here in Mindo for one night during our trip to Ecuador. The hotel is beautiful with impeccably clean rooms, tiled bathrooms and eating area, and the rooms are cool and comfortable. There is a lovely garden and walk outside with hummingbird feeders and chairs to sit in. Next to that is a quiet area with a jacuzzi and three hammocks, which is a great place to read and relax. The owner speaks very good English, and is a superb guide for birding tours. He also gave us great advice on where to eat in the small village of Mindo, and helped us get to the places in the area we wanted to go. We bought tickets to the Mindo Canopy Adventures in the hotel for $13, and they even did our laundry for us. I highly recommend this for anyone coming to Mindo. The rates are very reasonable, and the whole staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank kbrannoc
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Walking distance from downtown Mindo with many choices of restaurants. We came for the birding, but there is great adventure here as well.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Bird watching with Venicio is awesome because he knows it all. He reminds us of a happy buddha who never stops smiling. If your not bird watcher, don´t worry. You´ve got Andres, who is the 9 year old helper who will not only check you in but show you his pog collection and play marbles with you too--he is the man. Joanna and Darwin are cleaning constantly, and if you make friends with them they will let you use the kitchen and even let you store your beer in the fridge. This place is great, and you would be a foooooooollll not to stay here. For real.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Really enjoyed the stay here, nice place in a nice setting, and a good breakfast. The garden is very nice, being able to watch the birds in the hammocks. Definitely would recommend to anyone else.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Venicio; owner, operator, and bird guide at Hostal Birdwatcher took myself and two others out for a guided trip. While I wasn't staying at this particualr hostal I hooked up with him and two others through word of mouth. I'll say this, his price was set at 35.00 which included truck, entrance, and a pair of Binocs for the two others. I spoke with another traveler who spent 100.00 for essentially the same trip (he went to a different part of the cloud forest). We saw some great birds, including the Andean Cock-of-the-Rock and he even invited me in for breakfast free of charge after the trip. If he treats his guests like he treats his birding clientele, I highly recommend him.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo