“Great fun and very safe!”

Mindo Canopy Adventure
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Mindo's Top Attractions Pass
Ranked #1 of 12 Outdoor Activities in Mindo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are an Ecuadorian company, dedicated to the best canopy tour. We are the original canopy in Mindo, the first company to carry out this activity in Mindo. We were also the first to implement and develop the double cable system. We have 12 years of experience. We also offer you the extreme swing and our new COFFEE TOUR. Fun and safety at the highest level.
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our first zip-lining experience and we absolutely loved it.
The staff were very friendly and professional, the equipment was super-safe, and we had loads of lines for $20.
Really good fun!

"their hands"
"up hill"
"cloud forest"
in 12 reviews
"first thing in the morning"
"interesting plants"
"other countries"
"an amazing experience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 24, 2013

First time zip lining so did not know what to expect. We had read about last year's tragic occurrence with a different company in Mindo last year, so we did check things out first. The equipment appeared to be in good shape and they use a double cable system with a safety line attached to the second cable. Also the anchoring systems for the cables have redundancy build into them. The guides spoke good English and even accompanied my wife on the first line until she felt comfortable with the heights. We did all the lines in about an hour, including the sometimes steep hikes between lines. We really enjoyed the fantastic views as well as the thrill of effortless flight. While your safety is never guaranteed with an activity such as this if you can follow instructions and don't do anything stupid you will be fine. So just try it, the price is reasonable too.

1  Thank seafare74
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The guides are very professional and this is the only company with international safety certificates. The views are beautiful and each cable is unique, keeping the adventure alive through all of the tour. When I last went in 2012, they had 13 cables for about $13, if I remember correctly. The whole thing lasted about two hours, so it was definitely worth the money!

You can also do special tricks with the guides like the superman (arms out like you're flying like superman) and the mariposa (upside down, legs in the air). I recommend trying both of them at least once!

1  Thank HCH705
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family (two adults and two teenage daughters) had a great experience doing the 13 zip line canopy tour in August 2013. We always felt safe and were happy to see the two line safety system being used. Our guides were great and the zip lines were long and fun. There was quite a bit of walking between lines so one must be prepared for a little heavy breathing in a couple of spots. This attraction was well worth the money and was something we will remember for a long time.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our experience with Mindo Canopy Adventures. This was my first experience ziplining and it was a real thrill, something I will never forget. We all climb and are familiar with safety around ropes and protection. Our guides, Alex and Gabriel, were very professional. Both guides spoke very clearly (In English) and explained every detail of the process for each line. I did casual inspections of several anchors and they looked well made. We read about last summers tragedy after our experience and looking back I would say our guides and the company did everything right for us. I never felt unsafe for myself or my family. The price was reasonable so it was also a great value. A wonderful reminder of our wonderful visit to Mindo and Ecuador!

1  Thank Schmerto64