“Terrible Experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Maybe we were in a bad lucky day, we went to this restaurant which real name is "Pimenta de Cheiro Gourmet" near city center. The restaurant is very nice, it has a big terrace, if you want you can have your meal outside or inside. The place is quite big, space for kids and groups, very clean, and the service is perfect.
The only problem is the food, if you do not order the fix dishes, which are served with white rice and French fries in big portions, you will understand that the "gourmet" in the restaurant name's is just figurative.
As we do not eat white rice or French fries we decided to have pasta, from the menu "à lá carte", I chose ravioli and my husband pasta with tomato sauce. When the food arrived we realized the big mistake. My raviolis were full off water and under an yogurt layer, when I saw a white dish arriving for me I felt that something just went wrong with my order. The penne was just without flavor, boiled and submersed in a strange tomato sauce. Despite all the water and the yogurt which I could clean off from my raviolis it was comestible, but the pasta ordered by my husband was quite bad.
Maybe be it was bad lucky, but for sure I do not recommend this restaurant, unless you do not like to eat or you do not mind to eat bad food.

Visited March 2014