“Dissapointing”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was very excited to check out one of the many waterfalls on Ilhabela. I heard that this was the easiest to reach so I decided to go here because I had limited time so I couldn't hike to one of the trickier but probably more beautiful waterfalls. I arrived by car and was a little confused when the parking area was outside of someones home. I thought I was in the wrong place until I saw the large hand painted sign saying "Cachoeira da Toca" with an arrow pointing at a small store. I walked in and was told it would be R$10 for each person to see the waterfall. You had to walk through the store to get to the waterfall. I was shocked. I guess I didn't realize I would be paying to see this. I was already here and I wanted to see it so stupidly I paid the R$10. I was absolutely dissapointed. I'm glad I brought my own bug spray because they had a big rusty can outside the door to the store full of repellent and it looked frightening. I used my spray and the bugs weren't bothering me at all. I walked to short distance to the waterfall and took a look. I was maybe there for 10 minutes. The waterfall itself was ok, but the areas around the waterfall were dirty. They had "employees" there keeping an eye on everyone but the place had trash littering everything. All in all a disappointment. I recommend taking the time to hike to a different waterfall. I can't say for sure but I think they might be a better bet.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JEBraley

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“too crowded”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Easy accessible and for that reason too crowded, lots of german tourist of the all in cruise ships. Not the kind of people you want be with....if you want to enjoy this romantic scenery with you fiance.

Visited December 2011