See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 2, 2015

I recently stayed in the hotel whilst over at a conference for work.
I stayed for 4 nights in total.
I thought that the experience was good, I have had better.

Positives: The view from the hotel was excellent of the beach
The rooms were of a good size with a fridge provided also
The staff were helpful and assisted me with recommendations for food, ordering taxis & storage of my luggage.
The hotel was clean and tidy.
Negaitives: The wifi was non-existent which made communication with my work
The gym is tiny, not worth having.
Overall I thought that my experience was good.

Date of stay: July 2015
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

Stay 2 night for professional reasons.
Hotel gives an excellent image.
Plus:
Quite recent
Amazing view (all rooms sea view)
Only 5 rooms per floor (reduce noise level)
Fair restaurant and good breakfast
Large room large bed
Very clean room
Very silent AC system
Minus:
Bad sound isolation (I do advise higher floors)
Far away from center
Internet just acceptable

I would come back with pleasure.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2015 via mobile

Hotel ok. Nothing special but not bad.
Rooms quite big with queen size bed. Food average. Weak WiFi signal an terrible tv signal. Nothing fancy but as for Macae it is ok to sleep there.
View on the port. Good pool on the roof

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Firstly,indeed to state that I stayed here last week to visit the Brazil Offshore exhibition and, as a result, accommodation in Macae was at a premium. However, charging over £400 ($600) per night for a hotel similar in many ways to a Travelodge was stretching things somewhat.

Anyway, the good points first. The hotel is on the water's edge and much of the view from the bedrooms (all of which I believe face the sea) is pleasant if you are able to block out the dock on the right hand side. The hotel was clean throughout, the room was reasonably furnished and certainly comfortable, and free wifi was available in the room.

Now the drawbacks. Breakfast was shocking and the food in general was very poor. The signs in the lifts state there is a bar and fitness centre on the roof - there is a very small and very cold pool there, a tiny room with 3 fitness machines and a sauna that looked like it hadn't worked for a while. Certainly no sign of a bar. All of this is a shame as the view from the roof is excellent, and clearly a missed opportunity by the hotel for a pleasant area tailor made for a relaxing drink and meal. Service was average at best, and I find it remarkable that a hotel in this day and age does not have an iron; not in the rooms and not available from reception. Needless to say I wore creased clothes throughout my stay. The location is poor in terms of being close to anything of interest in terms of restaurants, bars, etc - a big issue given the quality of the cuisine. This lead to taking a 10 - 15 minute taxi each night to the Cabaleiros district, also on the beach, where most of the restaurants and bars are situated. Centro (unsurprisingly the centre of the town) is within walking distance from the hotel but I would not recommend walking there, certainly at night. Whilst the bed was quite comfortable, the room was not well sound-proofed and I found myself waking up during the night with the sound of the sea (romantic for some maybe, but as this is a business hotel in a town built on the oil and gas industry, I would have preferred a good night's sleep).

So, would I go back? No. £1,600 for 4 nights in a hotel of mediocre standard does not strike me as presenting value for money.

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Right in front Imbetiba port, very convenient to accomodate seafarers/technicians prior/after crew changes. Spacious room, confy bed, nice front view. The parking lot is so tight that is not able to accomodate a medium sized car in just one remarked vacancy, be aware this may cause damages. Good buffet service and front desk.

Date of stay: July 2012