“Typical low Brasilian standards”

Comfort Suites Macae
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Macae
Texas
“Typical low Brasilian standards”
Reviewed December 27, 2009

I have stayed at this place a number of times over the last 6 years with this time by far being the worst. They cannot keep the power on and offer the same worn out and lame excuses as to why it constantly goes on and off. The facility is average but has potential to be better. Its only upside is its location.
Housekeeping is average, food is average compared to the other options down the beach.
They just don't care, or know how to care when their standards are so mediocre.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2009

Opposite a fabulous beach which has relatively decent surf for those that enjoy such activities. The strip north has loads of restaurants for foodies and the food in the hotel is quite good. However the hotel like many others is used mostly by those in the oil business so it is geared more to business than holiday makers.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Houston
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three months. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the food it good. It is on the beach where there are many good restaurants and you can easily walk for an hour each way for exercise. There are many activities and concerts on the beach in the summer.

My only complaint is that the weight machine cable was lubricated with what looked like graphite on my shirt, and after it broke, it was still not fixed after a month when I was leaving.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Dallas Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past year. I typically stay for 6 weeks at a time. I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. You may be asking yourself if its so bad why would I stay there 4 times? My company has ooops I mean had an agreement with this hotel so we were forced there. As far a convenience its in a great location. Right on the best beach in Macae close to all the best restaurants with some limited shopping (Shopping is better in town). The staff for the most part (especially the front desk and management) are without a doubt some of the least professional people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. Lets just talk about my last trip in Jan 2008. Upon my arrival they had lost my reservation so I waited in the lobby for 3 hours while they cleaned a room. Then after having sewage backup in my bathroom I was moved. After my move the power on my part of the floor was constantly on and off so I was moved again after a couple of days. The food was good but very over priced compared to the food along the beach. Parking was never a problem because they offer free valet for the guests. The valet guys are great. Fast and courteous. Everything at this hotel costs. They hi speed Internet is non existent. I have never had reliable Internet service there and when it is working its much slower than dial up in the states. They gym is a joke. 2 bikes and 2 treadmills none of which were working when I was there. The real problem is the 2 owners are in a battle over the hotel. One wants to sell and one doesnt and so in the mean time they are not maintaining the hotel at all. I would only recommend this hotel if nothing else is available. I would recommend the Sheraton or the Hotel Du Lac. Both are great.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank helicopter_guy
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I have stayed in many of the hotels in Macae and, at the time of my last stay, would consider the Comfort Suites to be one of the best in the area.
Good and well appointed rooms, good food and very friendly staff.
The area is undergoing a great deal of hotel development but I would definitely consider using the Comfort Suites, again, during my next visit to macae.

• Liked — Clean, well appointed and spacious rooms. Brand new
  • Disliked — At the end of the beach
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Manwithplan
Travelers also viewed these Macae hotels
Royal Atlantica Macae Hotel
Matiz Dubai Macae
Matiz Dubai Macae
#9 of 21 in Macae
Ramada Hotel & Suites Macae

Been to Comfort Suites Macae? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Suites Macae

Property: Comfort Suites Macae
Address: Avenida Atlantica Praia dos Cavaleiros 3036, Macae, State of Rio de Janeiro 27920-390, Brazil
Location: Brazil > State of Rio de Janeiro > Macae
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Business Hotel in Macae
#1 On the Beach Hotel in Macae
Hotel Class:3 star — Comfort Suites Macae 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites Macae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Macae Comfort Suites