“Nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Macae
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed in this hotel many times. It is frequented by people working in the local offshore industry. The location of the hotel is great -- in the last row of buildings next to the beach. the rooms are comfortable and service is good. There are daily buffets, but this is really not so great and mostly the same everyday. The food from the menu is a lot better. There are many good restaurants nearby. The only thing is that this town is overrun with foreign oilworkers, which spoils the true Brazilian atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Houston, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

This hotel is right on the beach with many restaurants very close. The dinner buffet at the hotel is at best ok. They pretty much serve the same thingevery night. I would suggest going out to a restaurant for better quality and cheaper price.
I stayed here for three weeks and was really only able to get internet access maybe two days of the 23 days I was there. I explained to the staff the importance of internet for my business to be able to communicate via our internal network. It fell on deaf ears. Nothing was ever attempted or repaired. I could log on to a open wireless from the restaurant next door and it was very fast and reliable. So much for them telling me 1.) "It is your comuter and 2.) That is the way internet is in Brazil.
Everything at this hotel is over priced.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

Comfort Suites in Macae Brazil--We have a special needs adult with a special needs dog to assist her. The front desk promptly told us NO DOGS. We showed him her certificates and documentation and asked for the manager--they said they would need a special ELEVATOR because of the size. I look at one guy there that weighs 300 lbs and tell the front desk guy--that guy weighs more than my dog and I can take the stairs!
We left that hotel in disgust. Right now I have to leave comments in the google search about my experience -- so others will know they will be treated like 2nd class citizens at the Comfort Suites in Macae Brazil. My husband works for an oil company/relocation and we were going to stay there for 30 days. PLUS eat room service every night.

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank L2Design
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

I have stayed at this place a number of times over the last 6 years with this time by far being the worst. They cannot keep the power on and offer the same worn out and lame excuses as to why it constantly goes on and off. The facility is average but has potential to be better. Its only upside is its location.
Housekeeping is average, food is average compared to the other options down the beach.
They just don't care, or know how to care when their standards are so mediocre.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Lichfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

Opposite a fabulous beach which has relatively decent surf for those that enjoy such activities. The strip north has loads of restaurants for foodies and the food in the hotel is quite good. However the hotel like many others is used mostly by those in the oil business so it is geared more to business than holiday makers.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three months. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the food it good. It is on the beach where there are many good restaurants and you can easily walk for an hour each way for exercise. There are many activities and concerts on the beach in the summer.

My only complaint is that the weight machine cable was lubricated with what looked like graphite on my shirt, and after it broke, it was still not fixed after a month when I was leaving.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Dallas Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past year. I typically stay for 6 weeks at a time. I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. You may be asking yourself if its so bad why would I stay there 4 times? My company has ooops I mean had an agreement with this hotel so we were forced there. As far a convenience its in a great location. Right on the best beach in Macae close to all the best restaurants with some limited shopping (Shopping is better in town). The staff for the most part (especially the front desk and management) are without a doubt some of the least professional people I have ever had the misfortune to encounter. Lets just talk about my last trip in Jan 2008. Upon my arrival they had lost my reservation so I waited in the lobby for 3 hours while they cleaned a room. Then after having sewage backup in my bathroom I was moved. After my move the power on my part of the floor was constantly on and off so I was moved again after a couple of days. The food was good but very over priced compared to the food along the beach. Parking was never a problem because they offer free valet for the guests. The valet guys are great. Fast and courteous. Everything at this hotel costs. They hi speed Internet is non existent. I have never had reliable Internet service there and when it is working its much slower than dial up in the states. They gym is a joke. 2 bikes and 2 treadmills none of which were working when I was there. The real problem is the 2 owners are in a battle over the hotel. One wants to sell and one doesnt and so in the mean time they are not maintaining the hotel at all. I would only recommend this hotel if nothing else is available. I would recommend the Sheraton or the Hotel Du Lac. Both are great.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business