“Read some reviews. They are all true”
Review of Off the Bone BBQ

Off the Bone BBQ
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Forest Hill
Cuisines: Barbecue
Vancouver, Canada
“Read some reviews. They are all true”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Drove all they way across Dallas metro to try this place out. Worth the 70 minutes in traffic at rush hour! pork ribs were smoky and yummy. The brisket was also quite amazing. A little drier than my preference but indeed worth it. Potato salad was also excellent. The owner came over and made sure things were going well. Definitely a family run type of place. The kind you can feel good about supporting. A hard working group of people doing a great job. The location is an old Dairy Queen. So don't go expecting cloth napkins and tuxedoed maitre'd. It is the definition of out of the way, hole in the wall great food place. Next time I'm in Dallas I'll make the trek over there.

• Visited March 2013

Arlington, Texas
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

First visit, but will become a regular customer. We enjoyed tender sliced beef and sausage, delicious potato salad and WONDERFUL beans. Lots of variety on the menu and prices average for a BBQ restaurant. Very friendly employees. My husband is looking forward to the Friday catfish dinner!

• Visited October 2012
Lake Dallas, Texas
“Excellent ribs, but . . .”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is supposed to be the top spot in the DFW area, so when we moved here from Indiana, it was my first BBQ stop. The ribs (short end and regular) were excellent, but that's where it stops, sad to say. The brisket is wonderfully smoked, and so is the ham, but both were dry and needed sauce to perk them up. I was bummed to find no BBQ beans...just pinto beans that also needed sauce to have a hope. Slaw was OK, but the peach cobbler was a whole lot of bread. This is an hour drive from home, so I won't be back unless I'm right there. Still looking . . .

• Visited October 2012
Fort Worth
“Absolutely wonderful ribs”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I ordered the rib basket, and the ribs were incredible. If you're hungry, I'd recommend ordering a plate instead of the basket special. The sausage is homemade, and it is very good. I only had one bite, but it didn't seem as outstanding as the ribs. It does have a unique flavor that I haven't found other places. I was not very fond of the chopped beef, but my wife said that it is the best she's ever had. I didn't think the cole slaw or green beans were above average (average is still good). I am going back, and I will probably get a serving of sausage next time if I can resist ordering the ribs again. They also have lemon pepper ribs which I would like to try. Be prepared to wait a little while for food. We arrived at 6 PM on Saturday night. There was not a line inside, but the drive-thru consistently had 3-4 cars in line. By the time we left, there was a line of people inside waiting to order.

• Visited September 2012
Fort Worth
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I drive 20 minutes to come and get this BBQ brisket & fried okra. This is the simply the best BBQ in DFW!!!

Visited July 2012