As I mentioned in my January, 2013 review, this hotel is the nicest of the bunch in this immediate area, but the Internet sucks, and this review is mostly to verify that it still does, nearly a year later! I'm writing this from my room and I'm getting .25 mbps. For those of you who don't know, that's half the speed of what "dial up" used to be. Definitely not the "high speed" they claim, nor even close to it.
Last time I wrote a review on this place was January of 2013, and things have not improved since them, though they told me then (and on subsequent visits) that "we will have a new system in soon." That apparently is just BS they tell their customers, but I, who have stayed here enough to hear that same story several times, know it to be false. My belief now is that the owner is just too cheap to do it right and so tells their employees to just tell everyone they are in the process of updating it. It takes more than three years apparently if that's true, because that's how long I've been putting up with this.
Bottom line here is both the TV and Internet are below par. The TV channels are very confusing and not easy to understand where the local channels etc. are.
This place needs to get their act together. I won't be staying here again until they do, and I'll be curious to see if they refund my money tomorrow when I check out per their guarantee, because I am definitely not satisfied, and have finally had it with their "we're working on it" excuse for the Internet, which I've heard several times now over the past three years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Interstate 20 on the southeast corner of Fort Worth, this hotel is just eight miles from Texas Christian University. Start your day with a free hot breakfast featuring our famous waffles every morning or grab Hampton's On the Run Breakfast Bags™ (Mon-Fri). Enjoy free high-speed internet access in every room, get caught up on work in our 24-hour business center or keep up your workouts in our fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth / Forest Hills Hotel Forest Hill
- Hampton Inn And Suites Fort Worth / Forest Hills