“STILL horrible Internet service!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Forest Hill
Reviewed October 25, 2013

As I mentioned in my January, 2013 review, this hotel is the nicest of the bunch in this immediate area, but the Internet sucks, and this review is mostly to verify that it still does, nearly a year later! I'm writing this from my room and I'm getting .25 mbps. For those of you who don't know, that's half the speed of what "dial up" used to be. Definitely not the "high speed" they claim, nor even close to it.

Last time I wrote a review on this place was January of 2013, and things have not improved since them, though they told me then (and on subsequent visits) that "we will have a new system in soon." That apparently is just BS they tell their customers, but I, who have stayed here enough to hear that same story several times, know it to be false. My belief now is that the owner is just too cheap to do it right and so tells their employees to just tell everyone they are in the process of updating it. It takes more than three years apparently if that's true, because that's how long I've been putting up with this.

Bottom line here is both the TV and Internet are below par. The TV channels are very confusing and not easy to understand where the local channels etc. are.

This place needs to get their act together. I won't be staying here again until they do, and I'll be curious to see if they refund my money tomorrow when I check out per their guarantee, because I am definitely not satisfied, and have finally had it with their "we're working on it" excuse for the Internet, which I've heard several times now over the past three years.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Hena M, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your guest room amenities. We always try to give our guests increased in room amenities that will enhance their stay. I have passed your comments along in an effort to better our hotel for the future. Thank you again for your comments and we hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Best regards

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed only one night and was very impressed with the hotel itself. Very nice, clean, and the staff was very helpful. The room was very nice and spacious but my only complaint was the bed.. It was extremely firm. My friends who also stayed had the same problem and weren't comfortable either. Overall a great hotel though!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Internet connection is just slightly better than dial-up. Getting a king suite will not guarantee a fridge and microwave in your room. A Slingbox is your friend if you want to watch a clear channel on your tv.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris M
Hena M, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Chris M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent experience with us. I apologize to hear that it was not positive. We always try to do everything that we can to give our guests services and amenities that will enhance their stay. I have passed your comments along to our staff in an effort to ensure these issues are dealt with in a timely fashion. We hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Best regards

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I usually stay with Hilton when we travel. We tried out the Hampton this go round and found an amazing room, staff and total package waiting on us. The room was giant, the pillows super soft, the room very clean, the whole experience was a 10+. We have a new favorite hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albert L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This Hotel has a pleasant staff, many quality amenities, and is a very good value. I really like their beds and pillows and always sleep well here. I stay here frequently on business trips. They are very consistent and also offer a nice variety of good food on the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Randy H
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed in handicapped room #221. Everything was great except commode didn't flush and sink didn't drain. Also, computers and printers in business center didn't work. Had to get manager to print boarding passes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lorretta M
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Great room, great service, great breakfast. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. Our enjoyable experience at this hotel just reinforced our commitment to stay at a Hampton Inn in the future whenever possible.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Fort Worth Southwest Cityview
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30
7 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Burleson

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth/Forest Hill? Share your experiences!