“outstanding”

Cafe Balena
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2012

we love love the cooking classes..
never have so much fun in the ki chen

1  Thank antonella c

Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I frequently travel across the southcoast trying new Italian restaurants. Cafe Balena was a totally new experience for us. The music playing in the restaurant was wonderful and it wasnt to loud. Our waiter, Paul, was very attentive about the menu and answered all our of out questions quickly. We started off by purchasing a bottle of chianti classico and had a ceasar salad for an appatizer. Our main dishes were a linguini scampi and a seafood risoto. These dishes were the best prepared dishes we have ever recieved at a restaurant. The taste of the food was also exquisite, the combination of all the seafood in the risoto was.amazing. I really enjoyed my visit to cafe balena and my wife and I will certainly be back soon.

1  Thank Heroman55
Reviewed June 20, 2012

It is great homemade Italian food, it taste fresh, and delicous. The service was amazing they were kind and were very knowledgable about the dishes. We had the penne al pesto dish it was cooked perfect and the sauce was just right, I recomend this restraunt to everyone! It is small and perfect, in a great part of downtown! Deffinatly the greatest italian restraunt in New Bedford, and the best pizza in New Bedford!

1  Thank Saharapja
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I love eveything about this place, food ,atmosphere, music....food is very fresh ,music is live and relaxing with an Italian feel, atmosphere is small, cozy and romantic.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Took my boyfriend to cafe Balena for his 50th birthday what a big disappointment. I hadn't visited cafe Balena in about 5 years. I wanted to take my boyfriend local and not to Providence but I wish we had. We arrived after 7pm and not one table was occupied not sure if that was a sign. Our waiter was very pleasant but not knowledgeable about the specials, the wine selection or the specials. We started off with the mussels and about six of the mussles on the plate were not open the plate should not have left the kitchen like that and they did not have a pleasant smell to them. We selected two ot the specials that night I had the veal and my boyfriend had the lamb which was discribed incorrectly by out waiter. The plate presentation was not nice either. The food was just thrown on the plate and the broccoli on both plates had brown tips. I did let my boyfriend know that my last two past experiences to cafe Balena were good one's with great food and a knowledgealbe wait staff.

2  Thank ellen c