“Good food, reasonable prices, noisy”

Seafiire Grillhouse & Bar
Ranked #125 of 248 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, reasonable prices, noisy”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Seafire has taken over the former Candleworks, and kept the old decor largely intact. As a new spot, reservations at peak weekend times go quickly, so book ahead unless you like dining at 5 or 8. Our party of 4 was seated promptly and service was friendly and efficient. The menu is appealing with a good mix of appetizers and main dishes. The lobster bisque was rather bland and the house salad enormous and tasty. Three of us had fish and all enjoyed their meals, as did the beef eater. The bread is warm and spicy. Our one complaint was the noise level - it was hard to carry on a conversationwithout shouting.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Edward H

New Bedford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service, not up to par.”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Wanted to go for a drink and see the atmosphere. Upon arrival we headed to the bar for a cocktail. The bar wasn't full but did not have enough stools together for our group of four. The first thing I noticed is that the Bartender was in no way eager to greet us or even ask if we wanted a drink. Finally after getting her attention, I asked if we could sit at a table for a drink, since there wasn't any room for us at the bar. The bartender checked with a colleague and proceeded to tell us that we could NOT sit on the tables, because they were set up for dinner. "Keep in mind, this was just after 10:00pm and the kitchen was closed." I was planning on going to this restaurant for dinner soon and wanted to see the ambience, unfortunately we didn't even get to stay for a single drink since we felt un-welcomed. I can't comment on the food, but the service goes a long way and if this is their service, I rather not try the food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Nunya N
New Bedford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

My first visit to the sea fire was a wonderful experience . Our server Adam was attentive and knowledgeable on the menue. The New England chowder was very tasty. For dinner I had scallop risotto which was a special that evening. The scallops were seared perfectly, but they only gave me 3 which sat on top of the risotto. They were large sea scallops, but for $26 I thought they should have served at least 4. That is my only complaint. The beautiful atmosphere and the great service more than made up for that.

“food and service”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

our server was not knowledgeable, he was sick. asked for a dip with the appetizer never delivered. food lacked seasoning , and no offering of sub sides. out of 4 out of 7 desserts. was not worth it.

• Visited February 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a fantastic experience at this resturant. Jerry was our waiter and was very attentive to us and along with our bus boy. Our food was excellent and same with our drinks. Will definitely be back!

• Visited March 2014