“They almost killed my boyfriend.”
Review of Cafe Roma

Cafe Roma
Ranked #51 of 251 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Local family restaurant, good food for a great price.
Description: Local family restaurant, good food for a great price.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

First, this place looks nothing like the picture featured on this site. It's is more of a dive pizza joint than the quaint Italian restaurant pictured. My boyfriend and I decided to try this place for a quick but nice bite, hoping the reviews of good food were true. While ordering, I only wanted chicken parm with an antipasto salad. They do not allow for any substitutions or upgrades at all with their menu forcing me to order both, the veggie choices with my chicken were pickled beets, coleslaw and zucchini. I went for zucchini. My boyfriend ordered a Caesar salad no croutons dressing in the side. When his salad comes out we promptly notice bacon bits on it (odd addition). My boyfriend has an anaphylactic reaction to meat. I got the waitress and she brought out a new one. Also noticeably missing from the Caesar salad was Parmesan cheese. Meanwhile my zucchini was grilled to inedibility. You could scrape the nasty breading off my rubbery, chewy chicken. The only good thing was my antipasto salad, which is pretty hard to mess up. Towards the end of our meal my boyfriend found two bits of bacon at the bottom of his bowl. Rather than make a whole new salad the cook had emptied the previous salad and put new lettuce in the same bowl. After pointing this out to the waitress, she swore she told the kitchen it was an allergy and couldn't believe they did that. She then brought us our bill, which still included the poison salad. Needless to say we will not be returning ever due to food and service.

4  Thank Danielle H
There are newer reviews for Cafe Roma

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Cafe Roma is a great all around restaurant, you literally can't go wrong there. With stellar Italian fare, but also terrific local seafood. When I think fish and chips, it's my first choice. Perfectly breaded without being too heavy, impeccable local cod and really great fresh cut fries, I don't see how you could improve upon this dish. The pizza is also my favorite, with a delectable thin crust, great sauce, and just the right amount of cheese and a little olive oil, wonderful. I've seen "small eaters" polish off every bite of an entire pizza right in front of me! Very highly recommended. It can be busy on weekends like all great restaurants, and I often visit during the week because of that.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Stopped in on a Saturday night and had a wonderful waitress seat us. Asked right away if we wanted drinks or appertizers. Noticed the special board and they had some nice choices on the board. I ordered the Prime Rib on special and husband ordered the Lobster shrimp and Scallop Scampi also on special. We both recieved either soup or salad and I got my choice of a side with my prime rib. When our meals arrived I was surprised at the about of food on our plates. For a special plate we got alot of food. My prime rib had to be at least a Queen cut. Meals were excellent and we left very satsfied!!! we will be back now that we know they have such great food.