“Good Italian comfort food in casual setting”

MA Raffa's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 251 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's not easy to find good Italian food in this traditional Portuguese neighborhood, but Ma Raffa's fits the bill. Basic Italian dishes like lasagna, meatballs, and more. I haven't tried the pizza but other people love it. I like the eggplant parm and the special veal parm dish with the real veal scallopini instead of the veal patties. Worth the extra couple of dollars when you're in the mood. The wine is red, white, and made from grapes. What more do you need when the price is right? Neighborhood is a little off putting, but the parking is across the street and the only problem we've ever had was waiting for cars to slow down so we could safely cross. We go back every few months for our Italian food fix.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went with a group of about 8 for dinner. My group had a variety of items off of the menu. I had a pizza. Everyone was happy with their food. No complaints Service was prompt and friendly. A nice place for good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Good traditional Italian - reasonably priced. Nothing unusual. Decent service, Decent traditional dining areas/booths. Decent pizza. Nothing exciting nothing great,

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Easily the best Italian food in New Bedford. Not the best neighborhood, but great food, service, and friendly owners. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed October 24, 2007

This was a very strange encounter. My wife, myself and our 8 year old daughter went in for a pizza. We wanted to order a large 3 way combination pizza, but I asked the waitress to not put any toppings, just the cheese, on one corner of the pizza so there would be pizza for my daughter to eat. Sounds simple enough. We've asked other pizza places to do this and absolutly no problem. However, the waitress said they won't do it. I asked why? She said "we just don't". I said I wasn't looking for a discount if this is what they were worried about. I got nowhere with her so I asked to speak to the manager. This guy comes out with an attitude of wanting to escalate the whole thing. It was just crazy! The only thing I got out of him was he said it's the owner's rule. Needless to say we will never ever step foot in this place again.

4  Thank clairob7