“Not your run of the mill brick oven pizza!”

Brick Pizzeria Napoletana
Ranked #1 of 260 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Brick is a Napoletana pizzeria. We strive to replicate the type of pizza served in Naples, Italy. Our dough is made with '00' Caputo flour, local water, sea salt, and our own sour dough starter, simple! Our sauce only uses DOP San Marzano tomatoes and a pinch of sea salt to bring out the unique flavor of these classic Italian gems. We hand stretch our own mozzarella daily from local curd (Shy Brothers in Westport, MA check them out!). In addition to pizza we offer fresh salads, some appetizers, calzones, and flatbread sandwiches that we bake off fresh every morning.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped by Brick for an early Saturday dinner. My wife and I split a Gorgonzola Salad to start, she ordered a Salsiccia and I had the Margherita Pizza. The large salad was perfect for two or even three and the caramelized walnuts go well with the dressing. A Margherita Pizza is pretty simple, just mozzarella, Parmesan, a little oil and basil. I think this is a good way to try a new pizza place without getting side tracked by lots of toppings. My wife's pizza included sausage and peppers and was very good (tried a piece) and I loved mine. They obviously use quality ingredients and their pizza crusts are a perfect blend of crunch and chew. They also offer calzones and some interesting flat-bread sandwiches. Fast and friendly service!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

While looking into the ratings of another establishment in town, this brick oven spot stuck out with it's superb ratings. Being that my whole family are pizza junkies, we had to try it out. The restaurant is located in downtown New Bedj right off of 18. It is a small, comfortable, one room eatery, very clean and upbeat. The menu is has a few starters and salads, pizza with "specialty" toppings, sandwiches and calzones. A nice selection of beers, wines and pops for those who choose such. We lived large, ( yeah that's right, livin' large at a pizza joint) shared chopped salad and oven warmed prosciutto wrapped mozzarella on arugula. Both very delicious. The beers were cold, we had four of five, and the sodas were served in unique glass bottles. The pizza, with crust tender and chewy, topped with San Marzano tomatoes, delicate mozzarella, Gorgonzola, pancetta, caramelized onion, pepperoni, chourico....out of the hot brick oven pizza. It was perfection! We ordered cannolis to go to indulge later at home. The filling was soft, not overly sweet, and sprinkled with a few chocolate chips and the shell was crunchy and light. The waiter was personable, offering his suggestions when asked, and very attentive without being overbearing. Do yourself a favor and the next time you want maybe "not your average" pie, check them out.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Let me start off by saying.....YUM!!!! I love this place. Wonderful addition to downtown New Bedford. The pizza is awesome, the salads delicious, and the calzones are fabulous. AND they serve Just Beer. Love the chocolate stout. We love to dine here.The staff is friendly and efficient as well.

1  Thank travelmom515
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this place. I eat here whenever I am working in New Bedford. The portions are generous, the crust on the pizza molto bene, as are the toppings, sandwiches and salads. Service is prompt and friendly. It is fun to watch them make the pizzas. And it is FAST.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stopped for lunch based on recommendations. The perfect lunch spot. Friendly efficient service. 2 individual pizzas with salads and soft drinks for $25.
Also serve flat bread sandwiches and calzones.
Pizza dough is tossed in open kitchen and cooked in wood fired oven while you watch and wait. Terrific!
Beer and wine avail as well.