“Love it here”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Massachusetts
“Love it here”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

If you haven't tried Cotali Mar you have to. Very comfortable atmosphere and the food is wonderful. It is quickly becoming our personal favorite.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Bankguy1961

New Bedford, Massachusetts
“food poisoning and expensive”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I brought my mom there for mother's day we got the seafood paella. My mom ate the lobster and there was black inside of it. The owner said it's ok. My mother ended up getting food poisoning. I spent $70. We got no sorry or discount. Worst experience. Never going there again.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank a c
Dartmouth, MA
“Beautiful decor with good Portuguese food and more”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our first visit to Cotali Mar, spurred by friends who had enjoyed their first visit so much they purchased a gift certificate as a birthday present for me. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful. It's not in the best neighborhood in New Bedford, so if you don't want to park on Acushnet Ave then park in the rear of the restaurant. It's a large parking lot with separate entrance to the restaurant. The night we went was unusually quiet, so we almost had the dining room to ourselves. Our meal was excellent. The menu is a mix of traditional Portuguese food plus some more standard steak and fish menu options. I had the Cotali Mar steak, and it was perfectly cooked to my specifications (rare), and my husband had the baccalau which he also said was excellent. The waiter did a good job recommending a Portuguese wine for us. Desserts were a disappointment because they were out of just about everything after a busy holiday weekend, which they said was also the reason for the empty dining room. They said after holiday weekends business drops off for the following week, and anticipating that they had not restocked the homemade desserts. I will absolutely return to give them another try.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank 65Wagonaire
Westport, MA
“Great restaurant, great food, great friends to celebrate my birthday!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was my first time at Cotali Mar and I can tell you we had a great experience. The food was excellent....my husband and friend ordered grilled salmon which they both enjoyed. My other friend ordered steak on a stone and he said it was absolutely delicious. For my meal I ordered scrod and mash with broccoli....it was the best scrod I have ever had. If you are looking for a great restaurant with excellent food you will definitely not want to pass this one up.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Pisces0311
MA
“A Gem of a Restaurant!”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is one of my favorites. I have been going there for quite a while. The interior is well decorated and comfortable. The food is consistently good and they have a nice variety. The service has been outstanding every time I have gone. It is on a busy street but they have adequate parking in the rear. Again, this a hidden gem in New Bedford.

• Visited November 2011