“Surprisingly Great!”

Fathoms Bar and Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Fathoms Bar and Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 251 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located right next to the harbor, Fathoms Bar & Grille has become an integral part of New Bedford's diverse collection of eateries. Known for its rich culture and historical fishing industry, New Bedford sets the stage for Fathoms Bar & Grille to be the place where people can gather for great food and drinks in a relaxed waterfront environment. Our patrons take in the ambiance of our handsomely appointed bar lounge area, the intimacy of our dining area or the fresh sea breezes on our seasonal patio.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Really unique bar (reminds me of Murano glass) and absolutely the best cedar plank salmon I've ever had. Not sure why they had to charge extra for asparagus (which was being served anyway), but regardless the food was awesome. Service not very attentive (we ate at the bar). Overall, I would recommend.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food is great, I haven't had a bad meal yet, whether Lunch or Dinner. Wait Staff is excellent to my liking. Only problem, when they have live music, and the "Boss" is around (which I'm told he likes it loud), the volume is way too high for the dining experience. I have a problem with that, as I'm sure many do to. I don't want to scream to whomever I am talking to, because the volume is loud. Other then that, the place is ok with me. If the owner likes loud mucic, open a nightclub. Loud music in a restaurant where you can't hear yourself talk is a total turn off!

4  Thank carol c
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've stopped in here a few times for dinner, since it looked promising. Oops!
Sometimes the fish is fresh and properly cooked. Sometimes.

Sometimes the service is great. Sometimes.

Many better places for seafood within a short distance.

1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Even for locals one of the few places for food and drink on the waterfront. Outside patio is the draw in warm weather. The view is of the New Bedford/Fairhaven Bridge and you see lots of commercial traffic (fishing boats) and some pleasure craft.
Food is good. Off season, the glass topped bar on the inside is amazing. Looks like a wave frozen in time. Worth a visit.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I ate here again while visiting the area this year. Great food and beautiful bar. Lindsey was a great and friendly server. The scrod was great, as was the clam chowder. During warmer weather; it must be very nice to sit outside. I will eat here again.....so should you. Two rabbit ears up!!

(\ (\