“Really good food and service”

Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf
Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Grille is New Bedford's premiere waterfront dining destination. Our menu is centers around the freshest local seafood around along with vegetarian and non-seafood options to satisfy everyone's cravings. We offer lunch and dinner on the water's edge and only minutes from the downtown area. With ample parking and seating, Waterfront Grille offers the ideal atmosphere for all of your dining experiences ranging from an intimate dinner for two to an all out party for 100 or more! Reservations are accepted for parties of five or more, and call-ahead seating is recommended for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We had a very attentive waitress, which means a lot, and we arrived right when they opened, so we had her mostly to ourselves. My husband had a baked scrod dish that was more than he could even eat. The crab cake appetizer was delicious, and so was the creamy New England clam chowder.

There are newer reviews for Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service was slow, the second drink I had seemed watered down, and the food was delivered cold and was overpriced. Have a drink, enjoy the waterfront view (if you like the stern of commercial vessels), eat elsewhere.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was probably our 4th visit to this restaurant- the first time for lunch. Yes we had a large party (13 people) and no reservations but we walked in on a Saturday at 230pm in the afternoon. There were a few tables of diners but no more than 12-15 people in the restaurant. Our waitress Molly did the best she could while other staff just gathered chatting at the front door. She had at least two other tables- who were also complaining about the service. 35 minutes later and all we had was water and our orders hadn't been taken yet.The rolls were stale, the butter was ice cold and it took forever. No appetizers, no desserts and it was 5pm before we left.. The service was so bad it's hard to remember the food,

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The service was a little slow to start with but once our drink order was placed everything moved along quickly and our waitress was very friendly. Even though we were seated in the middle of the restaurant we still had a good view via the wall of windows facing the harbor.
I had my first ever lobster roll which came with a side and I ordered the sweet potato fries. This version was served cold and while it was fine, wasn't really to my taste. My son stole half the lobster from my bun, and really enjoyed it. My husband ordered the stuffed shrimp and he selected the mashed potato's as his side, while he said they were fine, I thought it was strange that such a high end restaurant would serve instant mashed potato's.
We also ordered the crab cakes as an appetizer, which was $9 for two small ones. I know everything is expensive but I thought that was a bit much. Despite the cost they were VERY good.
This restaurant is located right on the water and is directly across from the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

1  Thank 2011famvac
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Service great! View from outside patio is great, drinks over priced for location and food was poor at best! Will not be back!

2  Thank Len H