“Late dinner, nice view.”

Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf
Ranked #13 of 251 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Grille is New Bedford's premiere waterfront dining destination. Our menu is centers around the freshest local seafood around along with vegetarian and non-seafood options to satisfy everyone's cravings. We offer lunch and dinner on the water's edge and only minutes from the downtown area. With ample parking and seating, Waterfront Grille offers the ideal atmosphere for all of your dining experiences ranging from an intimate dinner for two to an all out party for 100 or more! Reservations are accepted for parties of five or more, and call-ahead seating is recommended for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

When we walked in I was pleasantly surprised. The decor was up to date and very clean. We had a great view of the harbor and all of the Seafood we ordered was fresh. Our waitress was training but very nice. The only thing i would say is the drinks seemed abnormally expensive. I had two rum and cokes (well rum) and it came out to like $17, not including típ. Overall it was a nice restaurant and we will be back soon .

WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Shane,

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent visit. You definitely nailed it with the fresh seafood comment - That's what we are all about, and top of the catch makes a huge difference! We look forward to having you back as the summer picks up and we open up our outside patio with another full bar.

Thanks, again,

There are newer reviews for Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We've dined all over New England and by far the White Clam Chowder at this restaurant has been the best. It sets you up for what turned out to be a really great meal. My companion had the Atlantic Salmon and I had the Shrimp and Chourico Skewers. Both dishes were exceptional. While this is a waterfront restaurant you are really on the harbor and there are 50 fishing boats between you and the water. I do believe they have an upstairs deck but since this was a week day and it was raining the upstairs wasn't open. The meal was good enough that we will drive over again from Providence!

I am glad to hear that you had such a great meal with us. I am glad that you noticed that we have an upstairs, too. That space is reserved for private functions, so if you are ever interested in hosting a party, let us know and we will customize the details to suit any type of event.

Thanks,

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Five star clam chowder (broth style) with a bit of a kick from the Portuguese linguica - Love it!

Also love the Orange Ginger Scallops with my favorite sides of coconut rice, sweet roasted carrots, and sauteed kale. Lots of other great seafood options. Have also been to the Waterfront Grille for brunch on Easter sunday - excellent as well!

Grew up in New Bedford but live in New Jersey. Love visiting this restaurant every time I visit my hometown.

Service is always excellent. Restaurant decor is tastefully nautical and love the views of the Fishing boats. I would not call this a budget restaurant, but I do think it is reasonable priced.

The food, the views, the decor, and the service all make for a special must-try restaurant!

Thanks for the great review! The Orange Ginger Scallops are definitely our most popular dish. I am glad to hear that you make it back home to enjoy some of the local flavor - Jersey has some great stuff, but nothing to match the seafood New Bedford brings in! Hope to see you soon.

Thanks, again,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Meal was fine but nothing special. No Bud Lite, no Gelato, coffee was cool but replaced with hot. Noisy but fun to overlook the fishing fleet.

WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry that we were out of a couple of items, and, with the busy summer season upon us, I assure you we will be stocking up on everything! We hope to see you back soon, and thanks, again.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice setting, nice views, fresh seafood. Menu is inexpensive. Food is average. Nice service, was busy when I was there and got everything quickly. Server was good. If you are not looking for a gourmet place and are on a budget, this would work well for you.

WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mal,

Thanks for posting your comments regarding your recent visit here to Waterfront Grille. I would love to pass your compliments on to the server - if you happen to remember his/her name, let me know! With regard to the food, I would love to hear any specific comments you may have on the dishes that you had. Any thoughts that may help us move closer to that 5 star score would be great!

Thanks, again, and we hope to hear from you soon!