“Nice working commercial port waterfront views, inexpensive but average food”

Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf
Ranked #12 of 252 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Waterfront Grille is New Bedford's premiere waterfront dining destination. Our menu is centers around the freshest local seafood around along with vegetarian and non-seafood options to satisfy everyone's cravings. We offer lunch and dinner on the water's edge and only minutes from the downtown area. With ample parking and seating, Waterfront Grille offers the ideal atmosphere for all of your dining experiences ranging from an intimate dinner for two to an all out party for 100 or more! Reservations are accepted for parties of five or more, and call-ahead seating is recommended for groups of all sizes.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice setting, nice views, fresh seafood. Menu is inexpensive. Food is average. Nice service, was busy when I was there and got everything quickly. Server was good. If you are not looking for a gourmet place and are on a budget, this would work well for you.

WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Mal,

Thanks for posting your comments regarding your recent visit here to Waterfront Grille. I would love to pass your compliments on to the server - if you happen to remember his/her name, let me know! With regard to the food, I would love to hear any specific comments you may have on the dishes that you had. Any thoughts that may help us move closer to that 5 star score would be great!

Thanks, again, and we hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I seriously would fly up just for the clam chowder. The view off the wharf is magnificent. What a great find!

Let us know when you are landing - we will be sure to have a fresh batch of chowder waiting for you! Thanks for the compliments!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Went here with a friend this past Saturday night. It was winding down but it was 9:30 and they close at 10pm during the off season so I can't wait to come back when its warm.

We sat at the bar which was pretty much empty just a couple of people at the other end. Both bartenders were very nice and greeted us immediately. We ordered calamari and coconut shrimp - which we both enjoyed very much. Very fresh, very tasty and very quick to serve. We only stayed for a quick bite and drink again they close early but by no means did we feel rushed. The dinner menu looked great and I look forward to returning and spending more time here.

Thanks!

WaterfrontGrille, General Manager at Waterfront Grille at 36 Homer's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Dear Zuzu,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I look forward to you joining us this summer so that we can earn that 5th star from you! Let us know what you think when you have a chance to try the fresh seafood from the dinner menu.

Thanks, again,

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The setting is really good.....and the restaurant's best feature is its low to moderate prices. There is nothing to remark on re. the food as it was average, period. I was surprised though to see few local seafood lunches on the menu.... I expected more . If you want a view and an average lunch without feeling you've been taken in by a tourist spot, then this is the place for you. I think it would be very nice in the summer outside by the water. Wish I could say more...but that's all there is.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I arrived almost at the closing time but was received very well at this charming restaurant. One of the best clam chowders, ever, in a rainy night in New Bedford. Also, excellent fish.
In the following day, very soft calamari and again, a delicious food.
Problem? Closes very early: 9 p.m.

Dear Michel,

Thanks for the great review! I know that 9:00 may seem early, and our hours should be changing soon as the sun sticks around later in the day. I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal enough to come back two days in a row! I hope that you are able to make the trip from Brazil to join us again, soon!

Thanks, again,