“Standard quality”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Bedford
georgia
“Standard quality”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The location of this hotel is good, right on the harbor and across the street from what looked to be a great restaurant based on its menu, Waterfront Grille. It is very clean and well maintained and is the exact mirror image of all other Fairfield Inns I've stayed in before.

The staff were very helpful when I was checking in and when I forgot a hygiene item and they were able to provide what I needed.

The only problem I had was that I couldn't print my boarding pass due to the printer not working properly, which was an annoyance but not something that would keep me from staying here again if in the area.

It's about 10 minutes from the New Bedford Airport and seemed to be a safe part of town.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 223, which overlooked the front of the hotel and therefore had harbor views. I wo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. Feedback like this is how we improve, so it is very much appreciated! We would like to apologize for the printer issue in the business center, and would have printed your boarding pass for you if we had known! The staff looks forward to any stay you may have in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Greenfield, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I were doing the New Bedford Half Marathon this past weekend and our "support team" came along - my wife and our three grandchildren (ages 8, 2, and 1). I don't write many reviews, but we had such a great stay at this hotel, I wanted to pass on our compliments. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and neat rooms, fitness areas, and dining area. We'll be doing the race again next year, and will definately be staying the Fairfield Inn!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the second floor and overlooked the pier - quiet and my 2 year old grandson loved...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review on our property. The New Bedford Half Marathon is one of our busiest weekends, and it is great to hear we were able to maintain our high standard of service. We will see you next year!
New Jersey
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn in New Bedford, MA. It's in a great location -- right on the harbor and within walking distance of downtown. Very nice staff. Clean rooms. The free breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask to face the harbor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
The entire staff is glad that you had a good stay with us! We hope to welcome you back again in the future!
Chelsea
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I would like to recommend Bonnie at the front desk... When I booked the hotel reservation she made it so simple and easy. I told her that I worked for NSTAR ELECTRIC. Bonnie went above and beyond her duties to accomodate me with the employee discount. When we got hit with the 2013 blzzard our company made it possible for us (the employees) to stay at the hotel while working 18 hours or more to restore customers electricity. When I arrived to the hotel she had gave me the discount, which made me happy and while I stayed their I felt like I was at home... I really appreciate all the employees effort to accommadate my stay.

Room Tip: I encountered some mildew oder in room 319 at the of check out I advised the front desk
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review! All of our staff members try their best to accomodate all of our guests needs, and we are happy to hear that Bonnie was successful! We realize you were here during a stressful time with the storm, and happy that staying with us made it a little easier!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This a very nice (new) Fairfield Inn. The young guy at check-in was very pleasant. Everything seemed brand new. The elevators were even nice, with a "close door" button that actually closed the door when pushed - not 5 seconds later like most elevators. Our room was nice - standard stuff. I wish they would have used larger beds in the doubles as it is pretty tight putting two people in a double bed. Why not use Full or Queen?? The breakfast was fine. My wife and girl enjoyed the waffle maker. My only real "complaint" (other than the bed size) was that when we tried to check-out in the morning, the attendant was in a discussion with a maid and she couldn't get the maid to understand that a particular room was not ready to be cleaned. But...the attendant added useless information that confused the maid (because her English was limited). The attendant kept saying that one person in room XYZ has checked out, but another person was still there. Not sure why she even needed to add that info. Just tell the maid that the room is still occupied and not ready to be cleaned. Anyways.......We were forced to stand there for about 10 minutes and witness this entire fiasco until I finally got fed-up and interrupted and gave the attendant my room key. She needs to understand that the guests come first and she could continue her other conversation after we had been attended to. Anyways.......minor detail in an otherwise very nice Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hilburno
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is feedback like we received in your review that allows us to improve. All of our double rooms do have full sized beds in them. As for the confusion upon check out, I do offer my apologies. Please give us another shot if you are ever in the New Bedford area again!
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night and it was really nice. A little tricky to get at when driving, there is no clear entry sign. It's nice if traveling with kids because they have breakfast and a pool to keep them entertained. The hotel is very modern, clean and the hotel staff is friendly. Whats nice is that the entire hotel is smoke free but of course my neighbor decided that it was to cold to go out and filled my room with the nasty smell of cigarette. Other then that the experience was good.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sara H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us. We hope to welcome you back in the future!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The staff is very nice and accommodating. the rooms are ok.
On the down side, there is no mini bar and no room service at all, so if you arrive late at night and you are hungry its your problem.
Another BIG PROBLEM, is the fact that they have a "no late check out policy", which means that even if the hotel is 100% empty, and you would like to pay to stay few extra hours, they will not enable it. I was tired and jet lagged and asked to check out 3 hours later, and they didnt approve although the hotel was nearly empty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sara H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for your review, we value all feedback that is received. The Fairfield Inn is a limited service property so we do not have a bar or restaurant. We do however have plenty of recommendations for restaurants that deliver. As far as late check out, we do offer this service, but 3 hours is unfortunately not commonly accommodated unless you speak to a manager. If you are ever in the area again, please give us another chance.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Bedford
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford? Share your experiences!