“Good Atmosphere and Airport View”
Review of Airport Grille

Airport Grille
Ranked #31 of 260 Restaurants in New Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This place is recently reopened and a local find. It's literally in the airport but is fine dining. Great nightly specials and serious wine list.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I really liked the trendy upscale atmosphere as noted in another review. We went for lunch and the place was relatively quiet... with a few business folks coming in for a meeting. I'm not sure how busy the airport is, but it looks like a fun place to watch airplanes. The service was good. The food was good... although the Cuban Panini did seem to lack some flavor and was a bit soggy. The fries were amazing though... fresh cut. My favorite!

This place is definitely good for a change of pace. The menu for lunch wasn't expansive... but that may be different for dinner. I'm not sure. If you're a pilot... this might be a cool place to stop and bring friends for what's known in aviation as the "Hundred Dollar Hamburger." Next time I would probably try their burger... which thankfully isn't a hundred dollars.

3  Thank Moonrover2004

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I had a great first visit to this restaurant and we will go back. The interior design is trendy and upscale, with three different seating locations. We were in the traditional restaurant seating area. There is a bar, and judging by the number of people who came and went it's a popular place for food and drink. There is also a more casual seating area at the back with high top tables, sofa, and a working fireplace. The food was excellent, especially considering we had the prix fixe meal which is offered on Sunday and Tuesday and we just stumbled upon this deal. $40 for a three course meal for two people including a bottle of wine - great deal! All the food arrived at at the table hot, and I mean freshly cooked not just kept warm under a heat lamp. Crab cake with a salad, fried calamari with hot peppers, swordfish tips with tasty greens and mashed potato, all good. And then came dessert... we figured it would be your basic brownie sundae. But no...This was a fantastic brownie sundae with moist chocolate brownie, very good vanilla ice cream, fresh whipped cream, and the piece de resistance, the most delectable caramel sauce as a sundae bath on the plate. Worth going back just for that. On top of the great food and atmosphere, excellent service from our waitress. Just the right amount of attention and friendliness without being over the top and intrusive. A great find right here in New Bedford!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Available on Tuesday and Sunday nights- Three course dinner for two with a bottle of wine - for $40 ! Choices for the entree are limited to four - as are the appetizers, and three choices for dessert - but the choices are quality and the wine is above average for the price. My husband and I have been several times and thoroughly enjoyed our selections. Portions are adequate and food quality is above average. Only negative is that the overall atmosphere is not warm and friendly - gut feeling is that the place isn't doing a great deal of business - the bar was empty and the bartender and one waitress were sharing the few tables that were occupied - kind of like wish we were working somewhere else because this place isn't really making it. Not much promotion for this - too bad because I think if more people knew about it, the place would be busier.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had a very nice corner booth with a couple of friends and it was as cozy as can be!! There was a party in the next room but you could see the fireplace roaring.....reisling wine and baked scallops melted in your mouth. Great experience and we will definately be back.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

As a treat, my friend and I visited the Airport Grille last week and we both had excellent meals, from the choice of wines to the entrees to the deserts. Everything was perfection!! My filet mignon was the best I have ever had. Cooked just the way I ordered it and the meat cut like butter. My friend had vodka battered fish and chips and she really enjoyed the flavor of the fish. The pumpkin creme brulee was outstanding with oven toasted pumpkin seeds on top. My friend even made a request to the waitress to ask the chef how this desert was made. The Hangar Room, complete with fireplace, makes a very good setting for parties. Seeing the lighted runway from our table was an added treat. I can't wait to bring my husband there for a special night out as I just ordered some gift cards for this special occasion.

2  Thank Sandra Q