“Good place to kill an hour”
Review of Ocean Explorium - CLOSED

Ocean Explorium
More attraction details
Owner description: A marine science education center located in the heart of Downtown New Bedford! Our education and aquarist staff take the time to personalize your experience by spending time with you and your family, answering questions and teaching you about the amazing animals that call the ocean home. A great place to spend a couple of hours, you and your kids will enjoy the touch tanks, science activities and our knowledgeable staff.
Reviewed October 30, 2015

Listen, I support science and I understand that it is expensive to run a place like this so I don't mind paying the price of admission. It is a bit pricey for what you get. It should not be called explorium, rather it should be called ocean room....that's all it is. Parking is limited and you can see the exhibits in 15 minutes.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank TomtheTraveller7

Reviewed September 29, 2015

It is closed !!!! I heard some of the exhibits are being moved to the zoo but I have not seen it. This was a small but super cool hands on little aquarium 4 year old loved touch tank and feed the fish.

Date of experience: October 2014
Reviewed July 3, 2015

I was disappointed in the small facility. I thought it would've been bigger and had a wider variety of animals. It's ok, but it's not something that I'd spend a significant amount of time in. For the money, it's not worth it.

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed April 16, 2015 via mobile

We drove to the building where it was supposed to be it wasn't there. Then we drove to a park where they moved it still nothing. There was no Notification on the website and no signs accept for the ones on the old building.

2  Thank Daniel G